Wiki Posts
Search

Is the WSJ app for Ipad worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Is the WSJ app for Ipad worth it?

Looking to get another subscription to the WSJ and trying to decide between the online offer (WSJ.com) or the iPad app. I will most likely be viewing on my iPad and wondering which would be the better choice.

Does the iPad app give enough access / info to be worth the subscription price?

Mods: I could not find anything in the favorite thread.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The app would, among other things, let you read where you have no internet access (such as on a plane) since the content gets downloaded.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Does any program let you subscribe to the electronic/iPad edition for (orphan) miles?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
does single WSJ account work on multiple platforms?

I've used the mobile WSJ reader on both Blackberry and iPhone - have not tried the iPad version yet.

Does one account allow you to access on multiple/all platforms?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think the ipad app is TOTALLY worth it, really brings me all of the paper that I want to read, and lets me sync saved articles across all platforms I use, wsj.com, iphone, and ipad. The ipad version is without question the easiest to read.

That said, I would NEVER pay 17.99$ for it, or even 10$ a month for it. I get the paper an wsj.com access (which for now at least includes access to all mobile platforms) for 79$ a year, 99$ is easy to find. AND, with a little trick it gives me about 1.5 years worth of paper/access.

At this price point it is worth it to me.

IMHO, the wsj ipad app is one of the best apps released to date, although most people won't get it or need it, they really are setting the bar for newspaper or print media content distribution
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yes

Originally Posted by nsx1164
I've used the mobile WSJ reader on both Blackberry and iPhone - have not tried the iPad version yet.

Does one account allow you to access on multiple/all platforms?
Yes, I can only commend on online, iphone and ipad. not sure if blackberry would work TOO but I don't see why not. I also have it on about three iphones, it works fine across all units
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Does any program let you subscribe to the electronic/iPad edition for (orphan) miles?
There is no program that lets you subscribe to the online version of the WSJ for miles. It is just paper only.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Went with the full paper - online combo subscription this am for $155. Not sure if there were cheaper deals out there, but that was all I could find. I was able to sign in on line, on my Ipad app and the Iphone app without any issues. Thanks for the help....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.