Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns

Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I installed the sidewiki toolbar, but I don't see anything on the TSA page. What else should I be doing?
Go to the TSA.Gov home page then over on the right click AIT. When that page opens you'll see the Wiki marker on the left side of the screen.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
On pre-filled TSA comment cards

Can I hear from those who carry pre-filled TSA comment cards when they fly? I wonder if a viable deterrent to a retaliatory opt-out pat-down is to present the pre-filled card, request the TSO's information prior to the pat-down, and inform the TSO that (a) you're a regular and know the difference between a fair and retaliatory screening, and (b) you plan to tear up and discard the comment card unless the pat-down is retaliatory. Then, keep the card in sight of the TSO as a reminder.

Either this turns the tables on who's intimidating whom...or it causes even more retaliation if the TSO doesn't fear any consequences from the card.

How and when do you present your comment cards? Better ideas, anyone?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: Free Agent
Sorry if this is a repost, but new article over at CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/28...ex.html?hpt=T1

"TSA to phase in new pat-down procedures at airports nationwide"

The TSA said passengers should continue to expect "an unpredictable mix of security layers that include explosives trace detection, advanced imaging technology, canine teams, among others."
This is part of the problem with the TSA, not something to be proud of. It's effectively saying, "You never know what we might do to you", which hardly inspires confidence.

Also, they gave a first hand account of the new pat downs, which is a plus:

Rosemary Fitzpatrick, a CNN employee, said she was subjected to a pat-down at the Orlando, Florida, airport on Wednesday night after her underwire bra set off a magnetometer. She said she was taken to a private area and searched, with transportation screening officers telling her the pat-down was a new procedure.

According to Fitzpatrick, a female screener ran her hands around her breasts, over her stomach, buttocks and her inner thighs, and briefly touched her crotch.

"I felt helpless, I felt violated, and I felt humiliated," Fitzpatrick said, adding that she was reduced to tears at the checkpoint. She particularly objected to the fact that travelers were not warned about the new procedures.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy
Sorry if this is a repost, but new article over at CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/28...ex.html?hpt=T1

"TSA to phase in new pat-down procedures at airports nationwide"

This is part of the problem with the TSA, not something to be proud of. It's effectively saying, "You never know what we might do to you", which hardly inspires confidence.

Also, they gave a first hand account of the new pat downs, which is a plus:

Quote:
Rosemary Fitzpatrick, a CNN employee, said she was subjected to a pat-down at the Orlando, Florida, airport on Wednesday night after her underwire bra set off a magnetometer. She said she was taken to a private area and searched, with transportation screening officers telling her the pat-down was a new procedure.

According to Fitzpatrick, a female screener ran her hands around her breasts, over her stomach, buttocks and her inner thighs, and briefly touched her crotch.

"I felt helpless, I felt violated, and I felt humiliated," Fitzpatrick said, adding that she was reduced to tears at the checkpoint. She particularly objected to the fact that travelers were not warned about the new procedures.
And she had to go through that while traveling for work. She should immediately go to CNN's Human Resources department and file a complaint. If enough employees of major corporations start filing complaints with their HR departments, we will hopefully see corporations lobbying Congress to stop these invasive searches.

Last edited by pbjag; Oct 29, 2010 at 9:33 am
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I need some clarification on the legality and ramifications of something I have been thinking of doing.

It is becoming obvious that without photographic or video evidence, we may never be able to get a conclusive or definitive answer to our questions. My suggestion is that as we exit the process, probably at the return-your-shoes-to their-proper-location-while-making-sure-all-of-your-money-is still-in-your-billfold seating area we could quickly take a few photos of the screening area, or a brief video. I would examine it later for evidences of squeeze or grab, and then post it here.

If enough of us do this, we will eventually document that we are being deceived or we will find that the nefarious behavior is so rare, that we can not find it, even though it happens from time to time.
  1. Is this illegal?
  2. I know it may cause angst among the TSA folks but once I am cleared what can they do?
  3. I have heard in some areas, maybe it was Maryland, where it is illegal to photograph an LEO. Does this apply to TSA?

This will need to be a widespread effort to be effective.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:09 pm

New drafts for review:

Full content: mediafire.com/?52qdr3n30l2x1wx
Abbreviated: mediafire.com/?dp6nenf0kg9m2pl

Verify QR codes and content.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:56 am

New link from PrisonPlanet

Just found this thread yesterday and read through it. Thanks to everyone for the brochures and all the information. See the link beow for living color pictures and info about the very clear images (you may have to cut and paste).

http://www.prisonplanet.com/inverted...ing-color.html
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by finestcook
Just found this thread yesterday and read through it. Thanks to everyone for the brochures and all the information. See the link beow for living color pictures and info about the very clear images (you may have to cut and paste).

http://www.prisonplanet.com/inverted...ing-color.html
1. Welcome to Flyertalk!

2. The image you link to is total BS and has been debunked a year or more ago and is COMPLETELY BOGUS. Linking to such junk undermines the seriousness of our cause.

Please check out http://DontScan.me for actual, verifiable images and factual information.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
With the recent reporting from the media, and more and more people are hearing about the nude-scopes and enhanced pat-downs we should continue to try to get the media's attention.

Rush Limbaugh has open lines on Fridays. Agree or disagree with his views we should all listen every Friday and attempt to call in and discuss security theater and the nude-o-scopes. Hopefully that would educate more and more people.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:09 pm

Plain terrorism by the government

A government who killed more than three thousand innocent Americans in a cold blood in 9/11, would never care about our safety. Their only goal is to terrorize, harass, intimidate, imprison, and humiliate us. If we keep silent about their illegal and immoral acts, we should expect the worse.

Say no to intrusive Pat-Downs by TSA Molesters!!!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Adam2012
A government who killed more than three thousand innocent Americans in a cold blood in 9/11, would never care about our safety.
Which government are you referring to here?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adam2012
A government who killed more than three thousand innocent Americans in a cold blood in 9/11, would never care about our safety. Their only goal is to terrorize, harass, intimidate, imprison, and humiliate us. If we keep silent about their illegal and immoral acts, we should expect the worse.

Say no to intrusive Pat-Downs by TSA Molesters!!!
Originally Posted by tom911
Which government are you referring to here?
Please take this particular aspect of the discussion to OMNI/PR, where it deserves to be. Some of us would like this thread to remain about the resistance aspects and not the conspiracy theory debates surrounding the events of 11SEP2001.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:19 am

Huckabee on Body Scanners

Mike Huckabee was on freedom Watch today and stated that body scanners were an invasion of privacy. He also said quote "I don't think these electronic strip-searches are constitutional". "I think it violates the idea, that there is some degree of expectation of privacy and protection, for innocent people to walk through an airport and get on an airplane".

A very good sign if he is for real.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:10 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by deldel
Mike Huckabee was on freedom Watch today and stated that body scanners were an invasion of privacy. He also said quote "I don't think these electronic strip-searches are constitutional". "I think it violates the idea, that there is some degree of expectation of privacy and protection, for innocent people to walk through an airport and get on an airplane".

May be we should show some signs of support. To let him know that there are people that agree with him so that he can continues the cause.

LAX
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by deldel

A very good sign! I would also write newly elected House members too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.