Search

Superb warranty experiences: Red Oxx, Stahlsac

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Superb warranty experiences: Red Oxx, Stahlsac

Stahlsac: Lifetime warranty, roller dive bag, many miles and several years on the bag. Air Niugini beat the heck out of it, and at some point in the connection it was caught under a baggage cart on the tarmac - the axle was bent, the tray and wheels were partially ground flat, abrasions were caused in the 500 denier Cordura exterior.

Contacted Stahlsac / Stahl Bros., sent back. They sent what appeared to me to be a new bag. ^

Red Oxx: Lifetime warranty. My Sky Train has been to 5 continents and >25 countries with me, and has served me very well. I love it! My Basenji paid me back for travelling without her and ate holes in my Sky Train and my Nomad "shave kit" - and severely damaged the zipper on the latter. (She's better about this now, but I have found dog feces in shoes I have taken, etc. as well. Vengeful little *!@$! until more recently... and I still don't trust her too much with stuff I have taken travelling recently.)

Contacted Red Oxx, shipped items, got brand new replacement items shipped to me.

It's nice to find durable travel gear, and even better when the manufacturer backs their gear like this. I can't recommend Stahlsac or Red Oxx more!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Sounds like both have the old Sears Craftsman tool approach: when they say lifetime, they mean lifetime and for a multitude of reasons that go well beyond normal wear and tear. In today's disposable society, not as many companies have that kind of warranty. Not a diver so Stahlsac may never matter to me, but I own Red Oxx products, and it's good to get positive reinforcement for those purchase decisions.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
JDiver put me on to RedOxx products quite a while ago. My sincere thanks to him.

I have a new RedOxx Rockhopper bag which just completed its first multi-segment trip. It holds a lot more than you might expect but has a profile that disguises its capacity. Following the example of another Flyertalker, I bought the Rockhopper in nearly the same color as my travel brazer and it nearly disappears when I'm carrying it.

Darn clever bag and darn clever FT'er who figured this out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.