Wiki Posts
Search

Delsey Pro vs. Delsey Breeze 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Delsey Pro vs. Delsey Breeze 2.0

Hey guys!

I have recently found this forum and have enjoyed reading the wealth of information on it and learning a lot from all of you. One thing that I couldn't find much on, and I'm hoping to get more information on is a comparison of the Delsey Pro line vs. their Breeze 2.0 line. I know the pro line are "better" bags, better fabric, etc...but I like some of the design elements of the breeze 2.0 better. The price difference isn't much so that's not an issue, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either (or both) of these and might be able to provide some insight.

About me: I'm not a frequent flyer, but I take a few trips per year and want something that is decent quality and will last. I'm looking to get a 26" and 29" rolling suitcase for about $350. If there is a better choice that fit those specifications I would enjoy reading those comments as well.

Thanks in advance!
Darrin
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:34 am

Hi Darrin,

welcome to FT!

Did you read the reviews on ebags and luggageonline? That's where you should start. If there are no reviews for the exact model, just use one for a similar bag in the same line. They are basically transferable.

To give you better recommendations it helps to know certain things:

- how do you travel (lots of walking, trains, personal vehicle)
- what kind of stuff do you pack (need extra protection or special size)
- do you pack rather bulky stuff or heavy stuff (that plays a role in the weight to volume ratio of the bag you choose)
- where are you going (3rd world, US, Europe, Asia)
- Are you planning on taking both cases for a trip (hard to handle pulling two cases of the same style)
- what did you or did you not like about previous bags you had
- are there any particular design considerations (color or type of pockets)

Brands that are very highly regarded here are Briggs and Riley, Travelpro Plat series (you should look at those, too), Tumi, Eagle Creek, RedOxx, Rimowa. You might not fit these into the budget except for Travelpro.

For a 29 incher it makes sense to choose a hardcase spinner (with four wheels). This thing will be so darn heavy that even supporting some of the weight in your hand will strain your back. Spinners can also be surprisingly light.

For maximum volume to weight ratio a rolling duffle is usually best (check out Eagle Creek).

Also consider taking one carry-on shoulder bag plus one check-in suitcase with wheels. In that case, the question arises whether you even need the big 29 incher if you can take a 26" model plus an Airboss bag, for example.

Also check out onebag.com and 1bag1world.com for tips on packing and luggage. Those are the standard resources.

Till
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:37 pm

Missing a Wheel

I saw you mentioning Delsey Luggage. American Airlines replaced one of my mishandled suitcases with a Delsey Resistance Model hardsider 29"/25"/21 SUITER TROLLEY. It broke on about the third trip to see the kids, and they replaced it with the same luggage a 2nd time. Last trip they knocked a wheel off the suitcase and the only way I can get if replaced is to ship them the bag. I can't find replacement part any where. Any one had a similar situation, and id they have any luck finding parts. DELSY WOULD NOT GIVE A LOCAL REPAIR SHOP THE PARTS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.