Best travel wrist watch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best travel wrist watch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:51 am

Casio Wave Ceptor

I can read it without my bifocals, and waterproof too. Even salt water.

A limitation of atomic watches is when you're in a marginal reception area it will reset to a random time every midnight (Cozumen Mexico.) If you are entirely out of range it stays put (Truk Lagoon.)

It's cheap, and has a metal band. (The band was difficult to adjust to my wrist, but that done, it is fine.) The plastic bezel scratches and crazes easily. A few seconds on a polishing wheel with a whiff of jewlers rouge polishes scratches right out.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:19 am

I didn't know about the erratic time sets in marginal areas. That's really interesting.

Which one do you have. There are several models. Link?

Till
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by tfar
I didn't know about the erratic time sets in marginal areas. That's really interesting.

Which one do you have. There are several models. Link?

Till
I just assumed that when the signal is weak, the watch maintains internal control of the time based on the signal last received (like a mobile phone). It appears I am wrong.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:43 pm

Casio Wave Ceptor

It is possible to turn the Auto-update feature off. This is how I dealt with marginal reception, once I recognized the problem.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:11 pm

Great tip! Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gynob001
Is there a good digital atomic watch that will last longer without frequent battery change-particularly for multiple time zones? I have vision problem and large digital watches with light make it easy.
The ones that I have looked at have cheap plastic bands that get cut or broken with frequent use.
I have two, three including the one I got for my son, self winding citizens made under license in India. Never need a battery, I also have a wining Sandoz with days in Dutch.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: CX Gold
Citizens Eco Drive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.