Search

Briggs & Riley Sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Briggs & Riley Sale

Briggs & Riley sale. 20% off Baseline superlights collection.

Thinking about getting the 18".

BTW, many other luggage sites are having the same sale and some have free shipping too.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:06 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by kingalien
Briggs & Riley sale. 20% off Baseline superlights collection.

Thinking about getting the 18".

BTW, many other luggage sites are having the same sale and some have free shipping too.

do you know how superlight compared to baseline? is baseline really worth the extra $$$?
Old May 26, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some nice pieces are available in the outlet section of B&R including some speedthru items too. Around 20% off most items.

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...spx?cat=outlet
Old May 27, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
I use a B&R as a rolling carry-on. Absolutely love it, best bag I've ever used and still looks new 2 years and dozens of trips later.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Winter Clearance sale on now up to 30% off.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:24 am

kingalien,
thanks - I've got some more luggage on the way (again).

Originally Posted by kingalien
Winter Clearance sale on now up to 30% off.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:42 pm

People, 235x for $158!!!

That's a steal. If you don't already own what I think is the Rolls Royce of Shoulder bags (the Airboss is the Subaru in comparison), go and get one.

Here's my review:

http://www.1bag1world.com/blog/2009/...-shootout.html

Till
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:20 pm

Till.
Thanks - it was that review that put it in my shopping cart earlier today
As it is, my wife thinks I'm opening up a luggage shop...

Originally Posted by tfar
People, 235x for $158!!!

That's a steal. If you don't already own what I think is the Rolls Royce of Shoulder bags (the Airboss is the Subaru in comparison), go and get one.

Here's my review:

Till
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by crpeck
Till.
Thanks - it was that review that put it in my shopping cart earlier today
As it is, my wife thinks I'm opening up a luggage shop...
Awesome!!! I'm so glad you got one, Chris. It is probably one of the ten nicest bags on the entire luggage market. I'm not kidding. Functionality, looks, materials, warranty, built quality - everything is top notch.

If I had to pick some bags for that short list it would be one of them.

Till
Old Jan 23, 2010, 3:56 pm

Rolls Royce on the way!

Originally Posted by tfar
People, 235x for $158!!!

Here's my review:

Till
Having had the Airboss and the recent Andiamo Valoroso binge did not stop me from snapping up a BLACK 235X for $157.50! Here's a tip - buy it from www.luggageonline.com via ebates.com for an additional 8% off.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:24 pm

235x just arrived - very impressed overall. Seems like one could fit a lot in this thing, but fully expanded and jammed full it could get heavy and unwieldy.

It's interesting to compare the differences between this bag and the Tumi 22122. Three main compartments versus two in the Tumi, but they seem thinner. Not necessarily well-suited to packing non-flat objects that you might pick up on a trip. I haven't measured it out, but it looks like the expandable compartment can get big enough to match one half of the Tumi. I've noticed between this bag and my B&R briefcase that B&R definitely likes more compartmentalization and organization, traded off against bigger, flexible spaces.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Air Pirate
235x just arrived - very impressed overall. Seems like one could fit a lot in this thing, but fully expanded and jammed full it could get heavy and unwieldy.

It's interesting to compare the differences between this bag and the Tumi 22122. Three main compartments versus two in the Tumi, but they seem thinner. Not necessarily well-suited to packing non-flat objects that you might pick up on a trip. I haven't measured it out, but it looks like the expandable compartment can get big enough to match one half of the Tumi. I've noticed between this bag and my B&R briefcase that B&R definitely likes more compartmentalization and organization, traded off against bigger, flexible spaces.
Very correct analysis of the situation. ^ That's exactly how it is. It is somewhat logical that for the same outer measures the compartments will be shallower if you have three instead of two. At least here you get an expandable one which the AB for example doesn't have.

The anti-thesis to the BR would be the A. Saks I just got. See the thread. Only one huge compartment that can even be expanded on both sides. Tons of room but you have to use some packing accessories to keep things organized and wrinkle-free or you could just as well throw you stuff in a garbage back and fling that over your shoulder.

The 235x basically needs zero accessories. You could use a thin board in one of the compartments for shirt. Otherwise no accessories needed.

Fully loaded, any bag of that size will get heavy. You will just get about a 10% increase compared to another bag once you count it as the gross load.

Till
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:30 pm

Right - but just to clarify I don't think the two are the same size. I haven't measured it out, but the B&R fully expanded almost certainly is bigger/thicker/potentially heavier than the Tumi.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:18 pm

I put them side-by-side and the 235x fully expanded is indeed thicker than the Tumi, but not by as much as thought. Maybe half an inch tops, which was surprising.

The bag looks very slim empty and compressed, and huge when it is expanded - which is precisely the way it ought to be, of course.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:45 pm

Yup, that's what I thought. I can also tell you from experience that the 235x because it is rather stiff will not bulge much. That gives it clean cut outlines and clean outlines make things appear slimmer. Also black optically reduces volume. Both bags are black, of course. Just saying.

Let us know how it goes when you do a test pack.

Till

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.