Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Is there a rolling suiter that fits the sizer at Heathrow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat

I love my TravelPro but it does not fit into the sizer at LHR; neither does another one of my bags. I have several clients in the UK and several on the continent. I can take my TravelPro to London but not to Europe and have to check it on the way back. Is there a bag that a wheeled bag that a) has a suiter; and b) fits the sizer so that I don't have to check my bags?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Are there really no such bags? How would you go about finding out?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
How would I prove a negative? First, I'd get a Doctorate in Philosophy so newspapers would actually cover me...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KD5MDK
How would I prove a negative? First, I'd get a Doctorate in Philosophy so newspapers would actually cover me...
I meant to say, "How would I find out if there were such a bag?"

But, if you'd like, I'll offer you a honorary PhD at the Toto School of Complex Questions located in Kansas. Incidentally, it may be possible to show that a) you need a 22" suitcase to accept a suit and b) no 22" suitcase with wheels will fit the sizer -- I doubt that's true, but that would be a proof that wouldn't merit a Toto SCQ PhD.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Tumi says that the following bag works at Heathrow:

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...ink=DetailShot
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by shawbridge
Tumi says that the following bag works at Heathrow:

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...ink=DetailShot
Good find. If you believe Tumi (and they are a reputable brand), stands to reason that anything else with the same or smaller dimensions will work?

dimensions: 20" x 15.75"x 8.5" - H xW xD
Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by crunchie
dimensions: 20" x 15.75"x 8.5" - H xW xD
Until there is some ancidotal evidence, I'd wait and see and not trust the website.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:24 am

20" bags

I recently ordered a 20" (not Tumi) and found when it arrived that the wheels were not included in the measurements. It went back and the company I ordered from paid for the shipping. So, it is true - don't trust the advertising.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by pred02
Until there is some ancidotal evidence, I'd wait and see and not trust the website.

Did anyone try the Tumi International Carry on 22020 @ LHR?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:23 pm

My roller is soft-sided so I can always just crush it to fit in the sizer. I've never had to actually do so yet though. I always do OLCI and if anyone raises an eyebrow I just say it's soft so it'll fit and they never make me try.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zkzkz
My roller is soft-sided so I can always just crush it to fit in the sizer. I've never had to actually do so yet though. I always do OLCI and if anyone raises an eyebrow I just say it's soft so it'll fit and they never make me try.
Does it hold a suiter or could it?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
LHR Security and I get in a fight every bloody time I pass through any terminal but 3. I've only lost once. I went, bought a refundable ticket to pass through T3, and went to FCC back to T2. Glad I had time.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:46 pm

f*$&$^ heathrow

A great source of irritation for me, too. My 22" costco roller doesn't fit in that damn cube, and I can't be more than .5" too big. Does LHR have stock in luggage companies? Why doesn't an international standard work for them, too?

I'd trust this Tumi bag's size. For one thing, my 22" costco bag is so close to fitting, a 20" bag should fit

Also what's the point of expressly designing a bag to fit BAA standards and not have it fit?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhannah
A great source of irritation for me, too. My 22" costco roller doesn't fit in that damn cube, and I can't be more than .5" too big. Does LHR have stock in luggage companies? Why doesn't an international standard work for them, too?

I'd trust this Tumi bag's size. For one thing, my 22" costco bag is so close to fitting, a 20" bag should fit

Also what's the point of expressly designing a bag to fit BAA standards and not have it fit?
I agree but who knows. This bag should also fit as it gives "size including wheels" as 21" x 14" x 8.5".

http://www.ebags.com/hartmann_luggag...?modelid=48991

But, I'm likely to go with the Tumi because Ebags says they'll accept a return iwithin 60 days of purchase if it doesn't fit the sizer at LHR.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pred02
Did anyone try the Tumi International Carry on 22020 @ LHR?
Yes. This is the bag I have. Never had a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.