Reload this Page >

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
I just bought the new Costco Kirkland 22" black carry on. WOW this one is lighter and really nice inside. the toiletry case is in the front zip so its easy to go thru security.

I have had TUMI ( nice bag but you pay for prestige), Pathfinder (they make the Costco Case by the way), Hartman ( complete junk,,,alot of money for nothing), Briggs and Riley (good but pricey)

The Costco bag is the BOMB. it is awesome...very strong, lightweight and awesome return policy.. i fly every week everywhere and I am rough on my things...

They are all made in damn China..probobly in the same factory...dont be a dweeb get the Costco Bag
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by feysul
...The Costco bag is the BOMB. it is awesome...very strong, lightweight and awesome return policy.. i fly every week everywhere and I am rough on my things...
Right, but the post above yours indicated that it didn't fit wheels-in or wheels-out on a Southwest 737... have you found otherwise? This would seem relevant to you, since your sidebar indicates you fly a lot on Southwest. So yes, I'm a little bit confused. Pretty used to that feeling.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:04 pm

Thumbs up

B737-300 & B737-500 - It fits wheels in or wheels out fine... no problem.

B737-800 - It does not fit wheels in or wheels out... only sideways. Kind of annoying.

Awesome case, thank you for the recommendation. I picked up mine at the White Marsh, MD Costco.

**Sorry I keep changing it... it's now correct!

Last edited by lenebene; Jan 11, 2010 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Costco Policy

I have two Costco wheeled bags that I believe are a generation old (still used zippered expansion). On one of them part of the wire frame has popped through the nylon. I don't have a receipt anymore (it's about 5 or 6 years old. Is it really, truly, really the case that Costco will take it back/exchange it? I don't want to be unreasonable, but have been told that their policy on Kirkland branded items is even more liberal than generally.

Thanks for any perspectives / experiences.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Now, please be gentle with me, although I think I know what wheels-in and wheels-out is, it is always nice to have it confirmed. Mind you it is a moot point for me as I have just decided to go "soft and no wheels" given the fact that mine will be right on the 45" limit. Anyway, if someone could grace me with an answer I would be grateful.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: Skymiles, United, Continental, JBlU, USair, AA
Originally Posted by zenexplorer
I have two Costco wheeled bags that I believe are a generation old (still used zippered expansion). On one of them part of the wire frame has popped through the nylon. I don't have a receipt anymore (it's about 5 or 6 years old. Is it really, truly, really the case that Costco will take it back/exchange it? I don't want to be unreasonable, but have been told that their policy on Kirkland branded items is even more liberal than generally.

I could not return a 3 year old kirkland bag without a receipt or record in membership purchases. You could argue that what the hell, no one else sells a kirkland bag, but they wouldn't take it back. I originally paid cash while on a lunch break with one of my workmates, I could not remember which workmate it was (we go to costco all the time for lunch), therefore we couldn't find the record..
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a 4-5 year old Kirkland 22" wheelie with many many trips/miles on it. Last month I made a trip with 28 lb of stuff in it, topped it with a 14 lb backpack and a big duffel bag weighing 44 lb (all weights from the airline check-in scale). After lugging that 90-ish lb of stuff about 400-600 ft in various cities the wheels started to emit a squealing sound and were really bowed out. After getting to the Maui condo I got out the oil can and lubed both wheels. Bottom line is no more squeal and a continued satisfied Costco fan.

MisterNice
Old Jan 9, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zenexplorer

If you used your own membership to purchase it (see brunotattaglia's post above) they will search for the purchase in your records and refund the lowest price at which the item was sold. I took in a first generation Kirkland on which the wheel had disintegrated to ask about repair. Instead, the employee cheerfully looked up the purchase (9 years previous) and refunded roughly $70. I had paid only around $100.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Member

I read the Kirkland booklet on the suitcase but I didn't see where it said lifetime warranty...did I miss it somewhere?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sggolf
I read the Kirkland booklet on the suitcase but I didn't see where it said lifetime warranty...did I miss it somewhere?
It's the regular, typical costco warranty on all products that it sells, excluding some electronics such as computer, TV, camera, etc. Basically, if you are not satisfy with costco products, you can return/exchange at anytime. Even if you bought it years ago.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by brunotattaglia
I could not return a 3 year old kirkland bag without a receipt or record in membership purchases. You could argue that what the hell, no one else sells a kirkland bag, but they wouldn't take it back. I originally paid cash while on a lunch break with one of my workmates, I could not remember which workmate it was (we go to costco all the time for lunch), therefore we couldn't find the record..
Try a different Costco. Or my wife will return it for a cut. She has a bit of a death stare, so they usually don't F with her.

Or, just buy a new bag, take the old one back in a couple of weeks. They should do the right thing, though.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Now, please be gentle with me, although I think I know what wheels-in and wheels-out is, it is always nice to have it confirmed. Mind you it is a moot point for me as I have just decided to go "soft and no wheels" given the fact that mine will be right on the 45" limit. Anyway, if someone could grace me with an answer I would be grateful.
Wheels out=Wheels toward the aisle.
Wheels in=The reverse.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:02 pm

Got the new Kirkland bag for Christmas, and it is really quite nice. The toiletries bag alone is fantastic -- holds far more than any other one quart bag I've seen, and I love the way it slips into the zippered compartment. Also liked how that zippered compartment extended below, allowing me to slip in my other (non-liquid) toiletries first.

My only disappointment is that it did not fit either wheels-out or wheels-in in the luggage compartments of Delta's 757 (757-300, I think). Luckily there was enough room so that I could slide it in sideways, but it is just a skosh too long. (And this was a length problem, not an overstuff problem.)

The other problem was that three different people attempted to take my bag this trip, and I clearly need to do more to distinctively mark it. Once was on a shuttle bus where the luggage was loaded behind us; luckily my husband noticed and shouted to the guy that he was grabbing the wrong bag.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:49 pm

Sometimes you can prop up the bag with one hand in the front while the other hand closes the bin lid. The bin lids normally have a bulge, meaning that they are wider towards the center. This little trick may help to fit it. Try it out.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.5MM SPG
Is there a tote/ personal bag that is designed to fit on top of the Kirkland 22" ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.