Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Right on the costco web site it said the bag weighed 11 pounds. Ouch.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Interesting price point regarding the current Kirkland Rollaboard... At the UK Costco's, or at least the Purley/Croydon location, the bag sells for 54 + VAT (20%).
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I bought one of the newer ones, a couple of months ago. It fits wheels in/out in about 75% of the domestic and international planes I've flown in since then. The design is a bit different that the previous 4 I've had, but still seems to be quite nice.

I usually have two of them on hand, and then when one wears out, buy another one, and then return it. I've gotten them as cheap at $59.95, and the new ones I think around $100.

Originally Posted by Romelle
I think that includes some of the other bags and suit thing in there. If you eliminate them, it knocks a couple of pounds off.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I think that includes some of the other bags and suit thing in there. If you eliminate them, it knocks a couple of pounds off.
Correct. I weighed the bag on my digital bathroom scale (with me holding it, and then using my weight.... 3 times each to get a good average), and I posted my results HERE.

Basically, without the garment bag, the clear toiletry bag, and without the bag strap that clips onto the outside, it weighed 9.5 lbs. Not a big deal for me since I lift heavy objects daily, but that'll give you an idea of the bag by itself.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
agreed. that is just too heavy. i have no trouble lifting this, but my wife travels alone a lot and there is no way she is going to shoulder press 40-50 lbs over her head. i know the limit is 40 lbs on most domestic carriers, but i have never seen them weigh someone's carry on. im sure it does happen though. it's just a matter of being able to deal with the weight that is a problem.

i bought the large 26" costco suitcase for a recent trip. i didnt realize it weighed 15 lbs!! I was right at 49 lbs and the heaviest item in the suitcase was my suit. this one is going back.

trim the fat costco.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by koctail
agreed. that is just too heavy. i have no trouble lifting this, but my wife travels alone a lot and there is no way she is going to shoulder press 40-50 lbs over her head. i know the limit is 40 lbs on most domestic carriers, but i have never seen them weigh someone's carry on. im sure it does happen though. it's just a matter of being able to deal with the weight that is a problem.

i bought the large 26" costco suitcase for a recent trip. i didnt realize it weighed 15 lbs!! I was right at 49 lbs and the heaviest item in the suitcase was my suit. this one is going back.

trim the fat costco.
I'm sure they could cut the weight a few pounds if you didn't mind paying double. Most would mind.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:55 pm

I'm in the hand luggage never gets weighed camp and needed an overnight roller and was very happy to pick one up when saw them for sale at Thurrock in the UK. I had previously from Planet 21 and although a very similar sturdiness the zip tags all had broken. That's why I love Costco. You save so much in the long run due to their returns policy.

However, I also picked up a large one, I think 27". I have two roller duffel that must've done 30 odd transatlantic flights and a lot of miles on the road from one place to another. Still in A1 condition. It's a Samsonite brand that I haven't seen around since. Anyway, I love Costco so much I picked up this large case but it only held 75% of what the duffel holds AND it was 2.5 kg heavier. We travel VERY close to weight limits and this would just tip it over too many times so it went back. Also, the bright red duffels make retrieval from the carousel belt easy. Had my duffels been on their last legs and I was still Plat AA when bag weighing seemed alien at checkin, ai wouldn't have any qualms in picking up some of them.

At my local Costco they also had iirc 26" Mandarina Ducks for 95 Inc for an age but stopped a few months ago. Again v nice, but capacity wise, didn't cut it. Light though.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
URGENT - Does anyone know the replacement wheel size for this bag, 515223 KS 22"? Amazon is all over the place, stuck on the road for now, no Costco near by.

Last edited by owflyer; Sep 2, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by owflyer
URGENT - Does anyone know the replacement wheel size for this bag, 515223 KS 22"? Amazon is all over the place, stuck on the road for now, no Costco near by.
There is some more recent repair info on this other FT thread.

10 yr old costco suitcase repair
owflyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
This is bag that I am trying to repair. As far as I can tell the wheel is 84mm x 24mm.

84mm x 24mm wheel.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
And people laughed at me for buying replacement wheels for my luggage and carrying one each size with me when I travel. Now I'm glad I do. Crap happens.

Hope you find what you need.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
And people laughed at me for buying replacement wheels for my luggage and carrying one each size with me when I travel. Now I'm glad I do. Crap happens.

Hope you find what you need.
Don't worry we still will laugh at you !
Global Adventurer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.