Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suitcase repairable?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Suitcase repairable?

This seemed like a valid thread to post under. I just joined and didn't find an answer. I used my new softside 2 wheel suitcase for the first time. It's an American Trunk Case. As we were rolling through the airport, I noticed the wheels splayed out. Coming home, it was worse. After unpacking, I discovered a lot of crumbled plastic pieces inside the lining. I assume this is what holds the wheels straight. Does anyone know what that is called? I tried searching for others with the same problem to no avail. Also, does anyone know if there is a fix for it? I bought the bag in a store close out too long ago to have proof of purchase.
Old May 29, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Possibly. We have a couple older suitcases where the wheels started disintegrating.
We were able to find replacement wheels on Amazon - measure your wheels and order the right size.
It is usually possible to remove the old wheels and replace them, although exactly how will depend on the specific design.
Old May 29, 2023, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by SherylS
This seemed like a valid thread to post under. I just joined and didn't find an answer. I used my new softside 2 wheel suitcase for the first time. It's an American Trunk Case. As we were rolling through the airport, I noticed the wheels splayed out. Coming home, it was worse. After unpacking, I discovered a lot of crumbled plastic pieces inside the lining. I assume this is what holds the wheels straight. Does anyone know what that is called? I tried searching for others with the same problem to no avail. Also, does anyone know if there is a fix for it? I bought the bag in a store close out too long ago to have proof of purchase.
Welcome to Flyertalk SherylS
I am moving your post to the Travel Products Forum
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old May 29, 2023, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Welcome to Flyertalk SherylS
I am moving your post to the Travel Products Forum
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Thank you. It's a lot to navigate.
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

The wheels are fine. It's the part inside that holds them straight that's gone.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SherylS
The wheels are fine. It's the part inside that holds them straight that's gone.
Your profile does not indicate where in the U.S. you reside, but if you are in or near a city of any size, there should be at least one luggage-repair shop near you. That would be the best place to get a definitive answer to your question.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. I can check in San Antonio.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Your profile does not indicate where in the U.S. you reside, but if you are in or near a city of any size, there should be at least one luggage-repair shop near you. That would be the best place to get a definitive answer to your question.
I found the luggage repair shop in San Antonio. He said the damage is not repairable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.