Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Recent Travelpro Warranty Experience?

Recent Travelpro Warranty Experience?

Old Dec 5, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
I have a Crew Versapack 25" spinner (bought Oct 2022) that came back from a recent trip with one zipper pull and zipper slider for the main compartment completely blown off. Spent some time going back and forth with TravelPro on email through their website--their original offer was to send me videos (of not the repair needed) and parts (as if I'm going to open up the lining of a suitcase and attach a new slider on my own). Took it in to the local repair center and they confirmed it's under warranty, so they'll repair it and deliver it back to me. Unfortunately this isn't one of the days of the week where they offer while-you-wait service, but I'm not in a huge rush, so fingers crossed.

Edited to add: After being initially told my choices were take the suitcase home and bring it back in on M/W/F for while-you-wait repairs (I took it in on a Tuesday), or leave it and have it go into the queue for repairs and wait 2-3 weeks, my suitcase just arrived home in just over 24 hours from when I dropped it off. A festive season miracle! And since I am happy with the service, I'll say that I took it to Modern Leather Goods on West 32nd Street, the Manhattan authorized repair shop for Travelpro.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Last edited by Calcifer; Dec 6, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:16 am

Anyone care to post the CEO/COO email addresses? Their warranty situation (no responses, no phone calls) smacks of a company near bankruptcy. Would love to get reminders of my warranty claim to the CEO for whatever that may be worth.

DO NOT BUY from this company.
Kyleresq likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:50 am

I just found this forum looking for assistance with an older Travelpro Crew 6 which I bought due to the "limited lifetime warranty". A wheel broke off on my last trip and I contacted them about getting it fixed. I got the whole song and dance about how it is not under warranty. They then sent me a shipping label to a repair facility after going back and forth, and then let it sit there for 2 months, and then responded saying it was not under warranty. Now they are offering 25% off a new bag, but I will certainly not be buying Travelpro ever again. I am wondering if reaching out to the CEO or one of the other emails other than their standard "customer service" (if you want to call it that) would help? The repair is seriously like $25 and I can't believe they won't cover it.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:17 am

I love how they are now "clarifying" their own words and adding a timeline when there never was one. Sounds like a class action lawsuit to me for deliberate false representation.

Originally Posted by fishy21
I'm still in talks in having a 10+ year old luggage replaced. But I found this policy interesting.... for anyone considering Travelpro and their "Lifetime Warranty".

Please keep in mind – Travelpro has never offered a “LIFETIME WARRANTY” on any of our collections. What we do offer is a “LIMITED LIFETIME” Warranty which very specifically covers manufactures defects. These defects are identified within the first 24 months the luggage is introduced to the market. This Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover general wear and tear or guarantee replacement parts for the lifetime of the original owner.

We do our best to maintain parts for 7-10 years after the collection is no longer sold in the marketplace.

If your Item is greater than 10 Years old, we are no longer able to order parts. But we would be happy to send you a discount code upon reply to purchase a new piece of luggage.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:37 pm

FWIW I have the Members Mark suitcases (hardside spinners). I had a small issue with the rubber stopper on the checked luggage. I called Members Mark, they just refunded me the entire purchase price for the set.

It is a lower end set but I would say its good quality for its price point. Its not Tumi or BR but its good enough for casual travel.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by boslaw
Anyone care to post the CEO/COO email addresses? Their warranty situation (no responses, no phone calls) smacks of a company near bankruptcy. Would love to get reminders of my warranty claim to the CEO for whatever that may be worth.

DO NOT BUY from this company.
[email protected]
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:48 pm

In late December, AA broke my GF's TravelPro MaxLite Air 28" checked bag. I encouraged her to duct tape it temporarily to get it home, but she didn't want to do that and instead threw it away and bought a different brand in Barcelona (TravelPro was not available).

I took photos of the broken bag and filed a warranty claim w/TravelPro and I provided them with a receipt. They at first argued with me as I hadn't photographed the inside tag w/the model number and such, but without too much fuss, they did replace the bag.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.