Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake Rimowa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Dave510
What do you suspect it to be? Aluminum is quite cheap so there's little incentive to fake aluminum.

If you suspect it to be another metal, use a magnet; aluminum should not be magnetic whatsoever. Since it's hollow, a light knock should make it immediately obvious whether it's metal or plastic.
It is not metal for sure. They kept showing me two types with two prices. Polycarbonate and aluminium. Thats what they keep saying. The prices for the Aluminium has been around 3000 baht for sometime now. Give or take a 100. Thats from all the shops. In Hanoi it is also the same price. Just under 100 USD. What they say the Polycarbonate is cheaper than the Aluminium.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Davvidd
It is not metal for sure.
Aluminium is a metal, for sure.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Aluminium is a metal, for sure.
Sure it is but the suitcases they were showing is not.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Sure it is but the suitcases they were showing is not.
ROTFL! "Aluminium RIMOWA made of plastic!"
Xyzzy and Davvidd like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Accor Platinum,GC Diamond, Oneworld Emerald (CK AA),LH HON. Circle
Just saw the original at a rimowa store. 2000$. Not impressed. Will see how the MBK stuff is. If it’s at. 100$ without a name tag I am content. I actually would remove the tag as I like the design but wouldn’t fancy a fake …lol
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Jcmontecarlo
Just saw the original at a rimowa store. 2000$. Not impressed. Will see how the MBK stuff is. If it’s at. 100$ without a name tag I am content. I actually would remove the tag as I like the design but wouldn’t fancy a fake …lol
I do not think its real at MBK. But I would appreciate your expert opinion once you see those. By the way even in Hanoi, they were selling those around the same price. I would not mind buying one if it is good value for money.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Accor Platinum,GC Diamond, Oneworld Emerald (CK AA),LH HON. Circle
For 100$ it’s of course a fake but if it’s in aluminum and well done it’s acceptable. I just don’t want a brand name on it. Should be easy to remove the tag.
i saw some on shopee but apparently it takes forever to arrive from mainland China.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:48 am

Shopee Thailand is where they get it…lol cut out the middleman
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:34 pm

Saw quite a few of them when I was in HK. People were sitting on them while waiting for busses. LOL. Had no idea Rimowa was so popular, and several merchants appear to sell them in Ladies Mkt, though not sure if it’s the quality replicas.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

I had a look at the ones at MBK. I was offered a 'Cabin' series model in aluminium for THB 2,800 (~USD 85) and thought the bag actually looked quite decent. In the end I decided not to get it for my upcoming trip to Europe as the dimensions are not accepted by all airlines I'm flying and I'd be paying a crazy amount of money to check it.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:29 am

That’s interesting. I’m just on my way from Penang to Bkk.gonna have a look tomorrow. I’m looking at my ‘original’ pvc Chinese Starwood I bought for 21$ and would fancy aluminum…lol then this one gets to my nephew and I can be happy with the metal version.
2800 bti s a good price ,I just have to check if it 55 not 60 to avoid FINNAIR idiot surcharges (apart from their environmental ones…)
what floor on mbk was it?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:50 am
Original Poster

I just have to check if it 55 not 60
it was 55

what floor on mbk was it?
up the first central escalator and then turn right, on that corner
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:56 am

It would be at the far end from where you enter from the BTS. You won't miss those shops. All the luggage shops are there but there is one on the ground floor too as you enter from the street side. But the majority of the shops are on the 1st and 2nd floor at the far end.
Jcmontecarlo likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:30 am

Cool.Ty. 55 works with my Airlines
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:31 am

Fabulous.let’s see how they are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.