Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

2023 Travel Insurance Recommendations

2023 Travel Insurance Recommendations

Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:05 pm

Who provides the so called "zero coverage insurance" - sorry if my terminology is wrong!
Apparently its the cheapest option. And take care of you after your CC coverage - correct me if I am wrong.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:33 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by sciconf
Who provides the so called "zero coverage insurance" - sorry if my terminology is wrong!
Apparently its the cheapest option. And take care of you after your CC coverage - correct me if I am wrong.
Is this something akin to what you are looking for? What is Travel Insurance Excess? | Fast Cover

On a more literal basis, I would think it would be hard for an insurance carrier to price up what you are specifically describing in your query. Let's say a Chase Visa card that you have in your wallet offers you a $25,000 limit for repatriation coverage. But a Citi card that you own is only $10,000. How does an "excess" insurance carrier determine what the premium would be, if they have no memorialized evidence what the underlying coverage limit is, unless they tie the policy to one specific card?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
We are going on three cruises (two of them over two weeks) this year, as well as a two-week European trip. We already have a multi-year MedJet plan. The cruise line recommended that we purchase travel health insurance. When I looked into it, it made more sense to buy an annual plan this year than to buy plans for each trip we are taking. We went with Allianz (which covers a lot more than health care, though the rest of it is also covered by our credit card, so I have no idea who we would turn to initially if something were to go wrong -- flight cancelled and need a hotel, etc.). Anyhow, at least we feel comfortable knowing we have some coverage.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ysolde
We are going on three cruises (two of them over two weeks) this year, as well as a two-week European trip. We already have a multi-year MedJet plan. The cruise line recommended that we purchase travel health insurance. When I looked into it, it made more sense to buy an annual plan this year than to buy plans for each trip we are taking. We went with Allianz (which covers a lot more than health care, though the rest of it is also covered by our credit card, so I have no idea who we would turn to initially if something were to go wrong -- flight cancelled and need a hotel, etc.). Anyhow, at least we feel comfortable knowing we have some coverage.
If you have US health insurance and want just medical insurance for overseas without all the delay & lost luggage coverage check out GeoBlue. It's quite reasnably priced.
hurnik and ysolde like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.