Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backpacks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
Maybe. I don't like that it doesn't seem to have a small front pocket, unless I'm missing it.
Do you see that pocket on the top of the front panel? That's where people throw their phone, wallet or liquid bag going through security.

See this original video of the backpack when it first came out. Edit: The new updated ones are lighter in weight.
TGarza likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I went with a Peak Design 30L Travel Backpack + packing cubes. You could look into that one or the 45L one?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:22 am

Does anyone anywhere have experience with the someone somewhere travel bag? It looks promising but there aren't a lot of reviews on it and the price is quite steep. At the current price it seems pretty steep so I'll be looking out for a sale and be doing more research on before I make the decision to purchase.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I’ve used the same Dakin branded knapsack for 13 years. The big interior has a section for paperwork. The top zipper can hold charging cables. There’s a side pocket for a water bottle. I enjoy the insulated front zippered pocket as I recently put the excess butter & jam from my flight into it to keep cold until I arrived from airplane to hotel room. There’s also a middle front zippered pocket with inserts for pens (lol).
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
I’ve used the same Dakin branded knapsack for 13 years. The big interior has a section for paperwork. The top zipper can hold charging cables. There’s a side pocket for a water bottle. I enjoy the insulated front zippered pocket as I recently put the excess butter & jam from my flight into it to keep cold until I arrived from airplane to hotel room. There’s also a middle front zippered pocket with inserts for pens (lol).
I stash all the condiments and snacks I receive on planes for my hotel room. Salt and Pepper for instance is always hard to find.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I wasn't sure about this backpack, and ordered it even though I think I didn't want to like it.

I just took my first trip with it and holy.... There are a few things I would change (more cushioning on the straps, but not their fault I have sunburn and tried to cram more into the backpack than I should). I don't like how the straps pop.out through a zippered pocket,but I get why. But, all in all, this is a solid bag that made it so easy to pack what I normally do in a carry-on and if I didn't want to pack souvenirs, enough space to do carry-on only for a week.
Rusearch likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:06 am

@kipper

That was my first backpack I purchased for extended travel, 5 month trip around Europe back in 2013. Stayed in all Airbnbs and had access to laundry. It definitely served its purpose and got my money out of it for sure. Now, I use a variety of luggage/bags depending on where I'm going and how long I'm staying. Hope you get to use it again.
Rusearch likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
@kipper

That was my first backpack I purchased for extended travel, 5 month trip around Europe back in 2013. Stayed in all Airbnbs and had access to laundry. It definitely served its purpose and got my money out of it for sure. Now, I use a variety of luggage/bags depending on where I'm going and how long I'm staying. Hope you get to use it again.
I loved it and will definitely use it for most of my travel!
Rusearch likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC
Over the decades, my backpacks have evolved from gear-specific bags with a "perfect" set of dividers and compartments, to my current bag which is mostly a single large compartment. Packing cubes and organizers keep the contents under control. I find this is a more versatile setup, and I get a lot more mileage and utility out of the same bag.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by chromag
Over the decades, my backpacks have evolved from gear-specific bags with a "perfect" set of dividers and compartments, to my current bag which is mostly a single large compartment. Packing cubes and organizers keep the contents under control. I find this is a more versatile setup, and I get a lot more mileage and utility out of the same bag.

Agreed. I use an Osprey Porter with packing cubes and padded sleeves for my laptop and it's not failed me yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.