Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New B&R Baseline Models

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
What is the name of the bag on top the spinner?
It's their medium expandable brief from the @work series (so not new): https://www.briggs-riley.com/collect...e-brief-kb425x
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
It didn't look like the new design but I never paid attention to that grey color before or the fact they make one in a large expandable version. I definitely like the cabin expandable, but I may look into the work version as a backup for that laptop compartment in the back.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Fortunately the large is discounted in several places... best price I see is $189 at luggage pros. And even the large expanded is still small enough to work as a personal item.

It's a really great bag and agree I love the colorway... the expandable portion turns it into a decent weekender, and compressed it's a nice non-bulky laptop EDC. I was torn on whether to get it or the non-expandable backpack version and feel I made the right choice.

Aesthetically it strikes just the right balance where it's fine in just about any context - t-shirt/jeans in a cafe or w/ a suit in the boardroom.

Last edited by brandall10; Apr 26, 2022 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by brandall10
Fortunately the large is discounted in several places... best price I see is $189 at luggage pros. And even the large expanded is still small enough to work as a personal item.

It's a really great bag and agree I love the colorway... the expandable portion turns it into a decent weekender, and compressed it's a nice non-bulky laptop EDC. I was torn on whether to get it or the non-expandable backpack version and feel I made the right choice.

Aesthetically it strikes just the right balance where it's fine in just about any context - t-shirt/jeans in a cafe or w/ a suit in the boardroom.
So, it looks like they're getting rid of probably all the older version luggage. I'll just get one of the older expandable cabin bags like I already have before they are gone gone gone.
Old May 4, 2022, 4:54 pm

So just out of curiosity has anybody checked any this luggage. I’m going on a trip in a few weeks where I will probably need to check going because of liquids and I’d like to take my new baseline spinner but just curious as to how it holds up when checked
Old May 5, 2022, 7:27 am
Original Poster

It seems like a super solid bag, would not hesitate to check it. Just going off the past models they hold up extremely well - construction of 22" should be the same as the large spinners.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:49 pm

I've checked my carryon spinner several times with no issues on long haul 16 hour total (2 flight) trips, and short trips. I hate checked it once and saw the attendant my seat window throw it down the ramp and it got stuck on the asphalt with a couple of other bags piling on. No issues at all
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Thanks for this thread. I was about to buy Navy Baseline, guess now is the time. Not a big fan of the redesign...I can't imagine that the luggage tag isn't going to be ripped off the bag at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.