Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

RIMOWA Luggage Brand Protection

RIMOWA Luggage Brand Protection

Old Sep 16, 20, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
That was the most useless thing that Rimowa ever put on a carryon as I never ever used it all the times I took the luggage all over the world and still do.. You get the same type of jibber on the Camera forums looking to knit pick something that was never ever going to buy the camera anyways but try to find fault.... Have that add a bg on all but the last 2 pieces I had and not a once used it..
Just because YOU never used something doesn't mean that the feature isn't important to other individuals buying that product. You may not travel as heavily as some others on this forum do and perhaps that is a make-or-break-it feature for someone looking at multiple options.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris2013 View Post
Just because YOU never used something doesn't mean that the feature isn't important to other individuals buying that product. You may not travel as heavily as some others on this forum do and perhaps that is a make-or-break-it feature for someone looking at multiple options.

Its only a knit picking point for a tire kicker is all.. Just like 4 wheels or 2 wheels.. I know how things operate... You can buy all you want on Ebay of older models with your add a bag feature still same as 2 wheels over 4 wheels... These are just like a leica Camera that changed the style of the strap and now they are not going to buy..ok..
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21 View Post
Just checked, Tumi sells 2 pieces of luggage (out of 122) with 2 wheels. I donít think there is a demand for 2 wheels anymore.

They just sent me an email that there is a semi-annual sale of 30% off all products.
Oh I don't disagree that the industry is moving away from 2 wheels and I like my 4 wheel Alpha 3, but when adding a bag, I felt my 2 wheeler did a better job of distributing weight. Not to mention the spinner wheels are much more prone to breaking compared to the 2 wheels which were more recessed into the frame of the bag. It does come down to personal preference in the end.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Dubai in january and no 2 wheel or add a belt but had no bearing on picking up another awesome piece of aluminum rimowa from the Dubai mall Flagship store at full retail with no kofferdirect 60% discounts..
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:43 pm

Its only a knit picking point for a tire kicker is all.. Just like 4 wheels or 2 wheels.. I know how things operate... You can buy all you want on Ebay of older models with your add a bag feature still same as 2 wheels over 4 wheels... These are just like a leica Camera that changed the style of the strap and now they are not going to buy..ok..
But it really ISN'T a knit picking point for someone who is a tire kicker...it's a knit picking point for someone who BUYS and UTILIZES these bags for business travel. Someone who has no plan to buy expensive luggage probably isn't going into finite details like this, they simply look at what is shiny and new and not whether it is functional and practical. I really do question whether you know how things operate because your responses show a significant lack of understanding.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:44 pm

Dubai in january and no 2 wheel or add a belt but had no bearing on picking up another awesome piece of aluminum rimowa from the Dubai mall Flagship store at full retail with no kofferdirect 60% discounts..
You do realize that one person doesn't speak for an entire segment of the population correct?
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Chris2013 View Post
Oh I don't disagree that the industry is moving away from 2 wheels and I like my 4 wheel Alpha 3, but when adding a bag, I felt my 2 wheeler did a better job of distributing weight. Not to mention the spinner wheels are much more prone to breaking compared to the 2 wheels which were more recessed into the frame of the bag. It does come down to personal preference in the end.
I donít think 4 wheels are meant to add a bag. It throws the center of gravity off, which is why the 2 wheelers do a better job with this feature.

It looks like Briggs and Riley still offer add a bag. Have you looked at their luggage?
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:34 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Re add-a-bag - for me that's one of the best features. E.g I always hang the rollaboard on the large suitcase so I have still have one hand free. Or in the other hand I can have the third even fourth piece. See pic. PS - I still curse myself for buying the one at the right - 4 wheels, no strap. So I know what I'm talking about from experience.

4 wheelers - yes, it seems unfortunately an industry wide feature. Still from a leading brand one might expect not to be sheep and blindly follow the trend-du-jour.

Old Sep 17, 20, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by fishy21 View Post
You mean the add a bag feature? Do you find that useful? For a spinner, I find that using it makes the case off balance, causing it to fall over. With a spinner, I just place my carryon on top of the case. Most carry on bags have a feature that allow you to slide the bag through the handles. Much more balanced feature.

Do you know of any cases that still offer the add a bag feature? Itís pretty outdated with spinner bags now.
Which is why I donít use the spinner cases.
Old Sep 17, 20, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Re add-a-bag - for me that's one of the best features. E.g I always hang the rollaboard on the large suitcase so I have still have one hand free. Or in the other hand I can have the third even fourth piece. See pic. PS - I still curse myself for buying the one at the right - 4 wheels, no strap. So I know what I'm talking about from experience.

4 wheelers - yes, it seems unfortunately an industry wide feature. Still from a leading brand one might expect not to be sheep and blindly follow the trend-du-jour.

understood.

how do you like the classic? Thinking of buying that as a carryon.
Old Sep 17, 20, 1:33 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
These are Topas
Old Sep 17, 20, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
These are Topas
the one on the right is a classic, no?
Old Sep 17, 20, 2:46 am

Programs: M/M
"Classic" trollies are only in reference to post-LVMH acquisition RIMOWA models.

Pre-LVMH 2016/17 those items are are referred to as "Topas".
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hornillas1 View Post
"Classic" trollies are only in reference to post-LVMH acquisition RIMOWA models.

Pre-LVMH 2016/17 those items are are referred to as "Topas".
you sure have "Your Ducks In a Row" when it comes to Rimowa Brand..!
Old Sep 17, 20, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG, BR, CX, Aeroplan
Wow. The Moncler crossover Rimowas look right at home in a W hotel.

Whether that's great or terrible depends on personal preference...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: