Wiki Posts
Search

RIMOWA Luggage Brand Protection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by slowtrotter
Have you guys seen the new RIMOWA x Moncler suitcase? https://www.rimowa.com/luggage/colou.../92590053.html What do we think?
It has everything I dislike about the post-takeover Rimowa.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Have you guys seen the new RIMOWA x Moncler suitcase? https://www.rimowa.com/luggage/colou.../92590053.html What do we think?
That's absolutely horrible. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I don't see how anyone would want to own that abomination. Rimowa used to make classic, timeless luggage but it now looks like they are now wanting to follow trends and whatever is the flavor of the month.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

It has all the awesome new traits I was looking for from Rimowa by going out on a ledge..! Will get other new age folks buying Rimowa...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I really really wanted one of the Rimowa/Supreme Red Carryon but was just to cheap when they were selling for about USD$4500.00 or more from flippers who stood in line ,bought them at retail then did some serious flipping...OH Well..
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
It reminds me of the junk you can buy at any big box store. I think Rimowa is slowly losing its identity by chasing the almighty dollar versus sticking with a tried and true formula.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A brand cross-over fusion that embodies the worst of both worlds. I expect that the type of people who buy this are the same type of people who buy luggage condoms so the bag doesn't get scratched!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
I think it looks awesome. I won’t be paying $3,200 for a cabin luggage, but for someone who can afford it, it looks very nice.

I’m surprised with all the hate quite honestly. No one is forcing you to buy it.

And they still sell classic luggage. They literally call it the Classic.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
It has all the awesome new traits I was looking for from Rimowa by going out on a ledge..! Will get other new age folks buying Rimowa...
I guess to each his/her own. If you're into shiny, bling-bling things, then this is for you. If you look for a luggage that will be actually used and misused, then this is not your product.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why on earth would they remove the extra luggage belt???
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Why on earth would they remove the extra luggage belt???
You mean the add a bag feature? Do you find that useful? For a spinner, I find that using it makes the case off balance, causing it to fall over. With a spinner, I just place my carryon on top of the case. Most carry on bags have a feature that allow you to slide the bag through the handles. Much more balanced feature.

Do you know of any cases that still offer the add a bag feature? It’s pretty outdated with spinner bags now.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
You mean the add a bag feature? Do you find that useful? For a spinner, I find that using it makes the case off balance, causing it to fall over. With a spinner, I just place my carryon on top of the case. Most carry on bags have a feature that allow you to slide the bag through the handles. Much more balanced feature.

Do you know of any cases that still offer the add a bag feature? It’s pretty outdated with spinner bags now.
I REALLY miss the add-a-bag strap on the Tumi bags of yore! I realize most spinner bags have the carry-on slotted through the handles of the bag but I feel it does make the bag somewhat top-heavy and awkward. Unfortunately I don't even think Tumi makes a two-wheeled bag anymore unless someone knows of one? Innovation is great but change for the sake of change....not so much.
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

That was the most useless thing that Rimowa ever put on a carryon as I never ever used it all the times I took the luggage all over the world and still do.. You get the same type of jibber on the Camera forums looking to knit pick something that was never ever going to buy the camera anyways but try to find fault.... Have that add a bg on all but the last 2 pieces I had and not a once used it..
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
That was the most useless thing that Rimowa ever put on a carryon as I never ever used it all the times I took the luggage all over the world and still do.. You get the same type of jibber on the Camera forums looking to knit pick something that was never ever going to buy the camera anyways but try to find fault.... Have that add a bg on all but the last 2 pieces I had and not a once used it..
Agree... seems like a lot of the gripes here are due to the industry moving from 2 wheels to 4 wheels, and not Rimowa specific. My opinion, 4 wheels are so much better to move about and requires a lot less energy vs dragging a 50 pound suitcase behind you.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Chris2013
I REALLY miss the add-a-bag strap on the Tumi bags of yore! I realize most spinner bags have the carry-on slotted through the handles of the bag but I feel it does make the bag somewhat top-heavy and awkward. Unfortunately I don't even think Tumi makes a two-wheeled bag anymore unless someone knows of one? Innovation is great but change for the sake of change....not so much.
Just checked, Tumi sells 2 pieces of luggage (out of 122) with 2 wheels. I don’t think there is a demand for 2 wheels anymore.

They just sent me an email that there is a semi-annual sale of 30% off all products.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Just checked, Tumi sells 2 pieces of luggage (out of 122) with 2 wheels. I don’t think there is a demand for 2 wheels anymore.

They just sent me an email that there is a semi-annual sale of 30% off all products.
Tumi/Samsonite always has sales and Tumi can be bought at just about any outlet mall worldwide but not Rimowa.. Rimowa has put the clamps to places like that KofferDireck or what ever its called.. Those people use to crack me up with there secret codes of buying Rimowa for 50% off..Yah ok...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.