Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insurance Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Insurance Suggestions

I couldn't find an exact subforum for this topic, so I hope this is the right place.

I'm looking for suggestions on travel (+international medical) insurance for upcoming trips after the world lets us. Previously a combination of the CSR + SafetyWing would take care of it, but now that I've migrated over to a few Amex cards, I need something that can fill the gaps.

I'll be using the Amex Platinum to book cash flights, Amex Green for hotels that I can't book with the 5x Amex travel, and CIP for rental cars. This leaves non-cancellable hotels and flights booked with miles uncovered. Also, I do tend to go on trips that are longer than 45-60 days, so many insurance plans with these stipulations unfortunately won't work.

I was looking at a combination of Allianz + SafetyWing, but I was hoping I could get some better suggestions here.

Last edited by kchau; May 27, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Old May 27, 2020, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk kchau!

Please follow this thread as it moves to the Travel Products forum, where insurance is generally discussed.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
kchau likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: UNITED MILLION MILER
Avoid anything that has to do with aig travel guard . They are no help, they don't pay promptly. If you get sick you are on your own.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by UNITEDBILL
Avoid anything that has to do with aig travel guard . They are no help, they don't pay promptly. If you get sick you are on your own.
What he said. I filed a claim in mid-March, due to an injury incurred on a trip to Spain. They have done nothing except repeatedly request documents that I have sent them multiple times prior.

They are getting slammed by COVID-19 claims. At another site for consumer complaints, it is non-stop since March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.