Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

B&R warranty repair v exchange?

Old Mar 4, 20, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL

I have a many years old B&R 24" baseline upright which has got the frame cracked and a zipper broken. I can of course send it in for repair---I am sure they'd do a good job and I'd only need to pay for 1-way shipping.

However, I am also wondering if anyone in similar circumstances has opted to get a new bag in exchange? If so, how much credit did you get for the old one?
Old Mar 17, 20, 6:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm Club, AS MVP, EK Skywards Blue, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold Elite
I was offered to have my Torq repaired or replaced. I opted for replaced. I was also offered a different model but smaller.

You don't need to pay shipping if US based. I dropped mine off at a B&R store/agent in downtown Santa Monica and they sent it for examination by B&R somewhere in California and then B&R posted the new replacement one to an address in Michigan all for free.
Old Apr 22, 20, 10:45 am

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post
I have a many years old B&R 24" baseline upright which has got the frame cracked and a zipper broken. I can of course send it in for repair---I am sure they'd do a good job and I'd only need to pay for 1-way shipping.

However, I am also wondering if anyone in similar circumstances has opted to get a new bag in exchange? If so, how much credit did you get for the old one?
I believe B&R is the only offering lifetime warrenty. I had one crushed and they repladed it. (and paid shipping)
Old Apr 22, 20, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Thank you for your responses. Needless to say, my project to repair / replace the damaged B&R got temporarily derailed by CVD-19. By lucky coincidence, I am not traveling much either these days. Will have to take it up again when things seem more normal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: