Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Anyone own the NinetyGo Hardside Spinner with Hatch/front pocket?

Old Feb 15, 20, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite

I saw a couple of recent reviews for a hard shell carry-on with a hard zippered front/hatch/pocket for electronics/laptop.
Doing my research, this was previously branded as a 90Fun Passport.

https://www.ninetygo.us/products/hatch-for-laptop
Amazon Amazon

From the recent YouTube reviews (look for reviews from "Peter Von Panda" and "Chris U"), the reviews seem good, as do the Amazon reviews. But I wanted to ask here before I pull the trigger.
Looks to be $140 right now with an Amazon-provided coupon. Reviews say 7.8 lb, and 21.5 x 14 x 9 inches. Amazon shows it to be 20.1 x 14.6 x 9.1 inches.
I usually fly United 99% of the time, so I'm pretty positive it would fit in the sizer.

Reviews seem good, but I wanted to know if any Flyer Talkers have this.

Thanks!
MtlTourist

P.S. I am neither Chris U or Peter Von Panda, LOL!
Old Feb 16, 20, 2:12 pm

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
My advice is to use a separate one for laptop as personal item. If you travel on Asian carriers they are very strict about the hang luggage. They could weigh it but don't weigh the personal item. So you can travel with 7 or 8 kgs of hand luggage plus your personal item which can carry the laptop and other electronic items.
Old Feb 17, 20, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
My advice is to use a separate one for laptop as personal item. If you travel on Asian carriers they are very strict about the hang luggage. They could weigh it but don't weigh the personal item. So you can travel with 7 or 8 kgs of hand luggage plus your personal item which can carry the laptop and other electronic items.
Thank you for that advice, I thought about that as well, especially for European or Asian travel, as you mentioned. I also bring a neoprene laptop sleeve with handle, that will easily hold my laptop, power cord, and small headphones. Very easy to remove from the bag. I have a 14" HP laptop and it will easily fit into the front hatch, with the sleeve!.

I decided to pull the plug and buy it off the manufacturer's website, which takes you to an Amazon link. Because it's on 4 wheels, it definitely is slightly smaller than I'm used to, but appears solid. Including the wheels, it's 21.5 x 14 x 9. 20" long without the wheels. Weighs about 7.8 pounds empty. I can easily lift it with one finger.

I was looking for a good 1 bag solution for work travel, either US or Europe-based (my company is based in the Netherlands), and wanted something to handle 1 week of clothing. I also wanted the ability to easily remove my laptop and sleeve without needing to bring my entire carry-on into the office, and I think I found it without breaking the bank. Total with tax and shipping was $150.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: