Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Need advice regarding travel insurance coverage amount

Old Feb 10, 20, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire

So I'm looking at purchasing an annual travel insurance plan from Allianz. The Prime package seems to provide all that I need. Trip Cancelation benefit only runs up to 3K, and the ticket for two out of my eight trips this year cost 3.7K each. The next higher plan is the Executive which covers Trip Cancelation for up to 5K, plus Change Fee coverage which the Prime does not cover. It also covers business equipment benefit which I don't think I will ever need. This higher plan costs a twice of the lower one at $500 a year compared to $275 for the Prime.

Is it worth it going for that higher premium, to cover the max amount I paid for a ticket and the change fee?
Old Feb 11, 20, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Can you afford to eat the extra $700 on one of those trips?

As a side note, I just filed a claim with Allianz and had no problems. They processed the claim quickly and I'm waiting on the refund. It was all online, no hassles, no dealing with people.
Old Feb 11, 20, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Can you afford to eat the extra $700 on one of those trips?

As a side note, I just filed a claim with Allianz and had no problems. They processed the claim quickly and I'm waiting on the refund. It was all online, no hassles, no dealing with people.
I just realized that the trip cancelation claims limit is per year and not per trip! Is it possible to have two insurance policies valid at one point in time?

Say for example I have claimed the max trip cancelation benefit on one (but have not yet maxed the other benefits), can I purchase another insurance later in the year for another trip?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: