Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa repair

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Rimowa repair

After a Jetblue flight, my Rimowa Limbo arrived on the conveyor with a bashed in corner. Looks like it was dropped off the aircraft belt. The dent is probably 2 inches deep. It doesn't appear that the poly was broken. I contacted B6 at the airport (FLL) and am awaiting their next steps

My question is Is this fixable? And, if so, who should fix it? Their designated repair or should I insist on Rimowa in Miami?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: M/M
Since the frame is polycarbonate, you can try to pour hot water over that area and push the dent back out to fill the frame.

Similar concept to an indent in a car bumper.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I did send this to the B6 repair partner in Dallas. They deemed it unrepairable. The dent and also a misaligned hinge

they are replacing it with the current Rimowa product
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:02 pm

Serious hit, I must say. It seems to me that it can be repaired if you cut out the damaged part and print a new one on a 3D printer. Anisoprinting (сontinuous fiber 3D printing) should be perfect for this task.

Last edited by toddlakes; Apr 3, 2021 at 12:59 pm Reason: add some info
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Take it to any Rimowa repair center. If there is one thing Rimowa still does right its repairs, ( to point) . Alsandre and his dad would have lost my business if they killed that
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by tfred
I did send this to the B6 repair partner in Dallas. They deemed it unrepairable. The dent and also a misaligned hinge

they are replacing it with the current Rimowa product
Was it still under warranty? Lucky you regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.