Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Looking for laptop bag recommendations

Old Jan 20, 20, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Hi all, as the title says, I'm considering picking up a new laptop bag somewhere in the 200 range and I'd love to hear if anyone has a bag that they're very happy with personally.
A few attributes that I would prefer are:

- the ability to attach it to a telescope handle (this one is a must)
- should fit 2 laptops + chargers if possible
- not leather ideally, as in my experience those tend to scratch and scuff quite easily
- smaller pockets for wallet, keys, etc.

I'm currently considering the Tumi Sycamore (bit more than 200, but oh well).

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Old Jan 20, 20, 5:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I use a Tumi. Sorry I don't know the name. It can attach to my main checked bag, but also has wheels and I can use it to hold my backpack. it can do everything you ask of it but the price was quite high. I think I paid $700 or 800 Canadian dollars for it.
Old Jan 22, 20, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I use an AER Flight Pack Backpack. For professional settings it allows me to hide the backpack straps and attach an included shoulder strap. It includes a pass-through to attach to rolling luggage as well, and with the straps hidden it's pretty compact and fits easily under a plane seat.

My only complaint was that when on top of a roll-a-board suitcase it's too wide to roll down an aisle but I've since replaced my two-wheel roll-a-board with a spinner and it fits fine sideways.
Old Feb 6, 20, 1:41 pm

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
Me too. I have one which I can fit over the handle of my carry on. It also has 5 zippers each separate. So I can put lot of stuff in it including my laptop, power bank, tablet and phone and even some books and docs. But it's showing its age now and hence looking for one. Mine is an American Tourister laptop case.
any recommendations?
Old Feb 6, 20, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by vkis View Post
Hi all, as the title says, I'm considering picking up a new laptop bag somewhere in the 200€ range and I'd love to hear if anyone has a bag that they're very happy with personally.
A few attributes that I would prefer are:

- the ability to attach it to a telescope handle (this one is a must)
- should fit 2 laptops + chargers if possible
- not leather ideally, as in my experience those tend to scratch and scuff quite easily
- smaller pockets for wallet, keys, etc.

I'm currently considering the Tumi Sycamore (bit more than 200€, but oh well).

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
I highly recommend a product you can get on Amazon. I tried it out any love it. Fits on my telescoping handle, and fits two laptops. The material keeps new after one year of weekend travel without scuffing nor becoming dirty.

Its made by Coolbell, I have attached a link.

Amazon Amazon
vkis likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 5:11 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I use a Tenba DNA 15 Messenger bag. Yes, it's a camera bag (and I originally bought it for that purpose), but the camera padding insert comes out and it becomes a regular messenger bag. It has a laptop slot and a smaller tablet slot built into the bag, and lots of room to fit multiple other devices. It has all the features you want such as the handle attachment, and many pockets. I use one as my daily bag, and it has replaced my backpack. It fits as much as a large backpack, yet it will fit under the seat on aircraft, and is personal item sized.

If you want something smaller, the DNA 15 also comes in a slim version which is less bulky and less tall. If you want something even smaller that can still fit two laptops, the bag comes in sizes 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13 (which correspond to the measurement of the bag similar to how laptops are measured)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: