Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Toothbrush

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Travel Toothbrush

I've been working on a product call the Switchbrush for the past year and a half. It is a travel toothbrush that self-disinfects in between each brush. I can't wait to use it for my backpacking & other travel trips.

What are your current travel toothbrush uses and frustrations?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: KLM
I guess the usual toothbrush from the Amenity kit which is given during the flight.. what product exactly you are gonna use?
sassysan likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:55 pm

While I normally use a Sonicare at home when traveling I just take a standard one. Takes up less room in my bag and I don't have to worry about how to charge it while overseas.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I just use a regular toothbrush with a plastic cover for the head. I try to dry it as much as possible before putting it away. I'm less concerned with bacteria as I am with mold. Shoving a wet toothbrush into my toiletry kit is less than ideal.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:11 pm

I use whatever I get from my dentist for free.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
I honestly think a 'travel toothbrush' is a solution looking for a problem. I use an electric toothbrush at home but with Quip, that electric brush is no bigger than a regular toothbrush.

And how big/bulky/heavy is a regular toothbrush? Answer - it's not. A toothbrush is small, fits into the corners of your bag, weighs nothing, and is cheap enough to be disposable if you lose it. Why do we need a 'travel version?'
TPACjv, CO-PLAT and jgor like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy,
I use the Oral-B 3D White + plastic cover, for travel. This is almost the same price as a regular toothbrush, works on AA battery (no charger required), and has replaceable brush heads.
Though I am eyeing the Quip (if I can find a coupon code somewhere).
Badenoch likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
I just use the toothbrushes given to me on my travels. If I'm flying in a premium cabin, one comes in the amenity kit. Pretty much every airport lounge will have toothbrushes along with the shower equipment. Nearly every hotel/hostel/airbnb in Asia will include toothbrushes along with other toiletries, and most hotels in the West will have them on request.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by notSoFreqFlyr20
I use the Oral-B 3D White + plastic cover, for travel. This is almost the same price as a regular toothbrush, works on AA battery (no charger required), and has replaceable brush heads.
Though I am eyeing the Quip (if I can find a coupon code somewhere).
Same here. I use an Oral-B rechargeable at home and want the same level of tooth and gum care while traveling. It is carried in an aftermarket case that doesn't add appreciable bulk.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Same here. I use an Oral-B rechargeable at home and want the same level of tooth and gum care while traveling. It is carried in an aftermarket case that doesn't add appreciable bulk.
+1 on this. Recently got the Oral-B Smart Expert and I like it, so I will also take it with me while traveling. Before I got this brush, I would just use a manual brush while traveling and a cheap electrical at home. Which aftermarket case are you using? I might need one more case as mine came with 2 brushes but only 1 case...
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by Splendiz
+1 on this. Recently got the Oral-B Smart Expert and I like it, so I will also take it with me while traveling. Before I got this brush, I would just use a manual brush while traveling and a cheap electrical at home. Which aftermarket case are you using? I might need one more case as mine came with 2 brushes but only 1 case...
The case I'm using can be found here:

https://madebyradius.com/products/st...ant=1542176260
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Badenoch
The case I'm using can be found here:

https://madebyradius.com/products/st...ant=1542176260
Thx. Will get it when I'm in the US the next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.