Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Bed Bug Repellent

Bed Bug Repellent

Old Dec 12, 19, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Bed Bug Repellent

Hello All,

When you travel which bed bug repellent do you carry?
Old Dec 13, 19, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by MrEntrepreneur View Post
Hello All,

When you travel which bed bug repellent do you carry?
I carry a 1 oz size nalgene bottle (sometimes more), of CONCENTRATED Permethrin insecticide. 1 oz makes a gallon of solution. You can buy a full bottle off Amazon. It kills every insect! It's the only one works for flying and crawling, big and small. Especially mosquitoes too.

I put just about a teaspoon in a water bottle or mini spray bottle when I get at my destination, and put just a little water, like 1/2 a cup to one cup water and keep it handy for my stay. Put some on a rag or towel and wipe stuff down, including pouring a few drops of the diluted mixture down the p-traps in the shower drain for sneaky cockroaches that could come out at night.

Mattress manufacturers use this during manufacturing. Also, many outdoor clothing companies apply it to their clothing to kill ticks and mosquitoes. It repels AND kills bugs, better than deet. All my travel clothes and my satin pillow case cover I travel with are sprayed with permethrin. Last numerous washings. And yes, it kills and repels bedbugs. Good luck.
Old Dec 13, 19, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post
I carry a 1 oz size nalgene bottle (sometimes more), of CONCENTRATED Permethrin insecticide. 1 oz makes a gallon of solution. You can buy a full bottle off Amazon. It kills every insect! It's the only one works for flying and crawling, big and small. Especially mosquitoes too.

I put just about a teaspoon in a water bottle or mini spray bottle when I get at my destination, and put just a little water, like 1/2 a cup to one cup water and keep it handy for my stay. Put some on a rag or towel and wipe stuff down, including pouring a few drops of the diluted mixture down the p-traps in the shower drain for sneaky cockroaches that could come out at night.

Mattress manufacturers use this during manufacturing. Also, many outdoor clothing companies apply it to their clothing to kill ticks and mosquitoes. It repels AND kills bugs, better than deet. All my travel clothes and my satin pillow case cover I travel with are sprayed with permethrin. Last numerous washings. And yes, it kills and repels bedbugs. Good luck.
This is very helpful! TSA has no issues with this chemical? Something yo checkin or ok in carry on?
Old Dec 13, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Ambassador, AC SE100k, Accor Platinum
Good information. Would you be able to provide a link to the product you use from Amazon? I did a few searches but I'm not sure I'm hitting the right ones.
Old Dec 13, 19, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Good information. Would you be able to provide a link to the product you use from Amazon? I did a few searches but I'm not sure I'm hitting the right ones.
If you search Amazon for "permethrin concentrate" there are a number of products which show up. Not sure what specific one. I know not super helpful
Old Dec 14, 19, 1:07 am

If you search Amazon for "permethrin concentrate" there are a number of products which show up. Not sure what specific one. I know not super helpful
Doesn't matter what brand. Permethrin is like hydrogen peroxide (brand doesn't matter), just look for 10% concentrate or higher. I always use Martin's. Worth every penny.
Old Dec 14, 19, 1:11 am

This is very helpful! TSA has no issues with this chemical? Something yo checkin or ok in carry on?
Just about every liquid people bring on planes are made of chemicals. This isn't a fuel or propane, it's not dangerous. You'll only pour it in a small container. No more dangerous than cologne and hair spray, and those things are highly flammable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: