Wiki Posts
Search

Delsey Pilot ww 55cm advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Delsey Pilot ww 55cm advice

Hello, just wanted to know if one of the flyertalkers owned this carry-on luggage and how was their experience with it. I'm pondering getting it through a pretty decent Black friday sale.

Thanks in advance !
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You didn't get any response about the Delsey Pilot .... I own several other Delsey bags and think they are well made and good value. Also improved with every revision (e.g. better zipper). Haven't looked at the Pilot bag though.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
I ended up buying it, and for now am pretty pleased with it. Fantastic wheels, sturdy construction, classy and slick, with tons of useful pockets and dividers. If only it had come with a compression flap, it would have been the perfect cabin bag to fly AF/KLM. So it might not be the perfect cabin bag, but it’s still a tremendously good one ! (Had it on sale for 150$, so great price/quality ratio).
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I have been using a Delsey Paris for a long time now and it has lasted a long time in very good condition.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Back in 2021, I bought the Delsey Chatelet 21-inch carry-on with brakes, and two 24-inch in the Chatelet line, also with brakes. I usually travel with just the carry-on when I travel alone. It holds a lot of clothes, especially when I use packing cubes. I find packing cubes to be a game-changer, but that is for a different thread. When my husband and I travel together, on a longer trip, we usually travel with one 24-inch and the carry-on, or even the two 24-inch suitcases (along with suitable underseat luggage). The wheels on the Delsey Chatelet are incredibly smooth and, in situations where I have to push the luggage in front of me while my husband pushes my wheelchair (You ever get out of a cab in front of a busy European airport? They don't always have the wheelchair pushers until after check-in), I can do it without so much as breaking a sweat. The brake system is great when we have the carry-on and need to stop at an incline, or when we are in Europe, traveling by train, and want to secure those suitcases. Thus far, the suitcases have held up beautifully to both domestic and international travel. We really like this line of luggage for its capacious interiors and its smart features.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.