Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Tumi tags on checked bags?

Old Nov 16, 19, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire

For those of you who often check in Tumi luggages, do the luggage tags typically survive the trip?

I recently bought a 19 degree aluminum case and I was wondering if I should remove the tag before checking it in, and replace it with a cheap one instead.

This is my first actual Tumi. I have been traveling with an old Tumi T-Tech, and the tag for that got ripped off on one of my flights with AA/CX. I now fly Delta.
Old Nov 17, 19, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
I don't check bags that often, but I've never lost the tag on either my old Tegra-Lite or my current Latitude.
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
I’ve checked my Tumi’s multiple times. Typically do 10-15 biz trips a year. Lost the tag on one of my luggage’s after 2 years of checking. Losing tags does happen, but it’s rare.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:10 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
We talking about that fancy image tag, I'd remove it, who knows somebody might want it for their non tumi :-) I always use the cheapest tag, carrier provided with just my first name initial, last name and cell phone # and spam email
Old Nov 22, 19, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
We talking about that fancy image tag, I'd remove it, who knows somebody might want it for their non tumi :-) I always use the cheapest tag, carrier provided with just my first name initial, last name and cell phone # and spam email
Good point! Thanks!
My new Tumi is the aluminum 19 degree with the non-monogrammable tag! I might just replace it with a monogrammed one.
Old Nov 27, 19, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Never lost one at the gate/valet, never lost one at the counter check in. They are cheap to replace and I always have them monogrammed anyway.
Old Nov 27, 19, 11:01 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (2.6+ MM), UA *G, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I lost the stitched-in leather Tumi tag on my Alpha 2 about 2 weeks after I started using the bag. And this wasn't checked, just ripped-off by other careless passengers ramming their bag into the overhead. Not sure why Tumi put it on the side, that was really dumb.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: