Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance that would cover cost of unused sporting match tickets

Old Oct 30, 19, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I'm travelling to Tokyo for a rather big sporting event. In the event that my flight is cancelled, and I cannot get on an alternative, is there any travel insurance that will cover the cost of the tickets to the match that are already purchased?
Old Oct 30, 19, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by c1223 View Post
I'm travelling to Tokyo for a rather big sporting event. In the event that my flight is cancelled, and I cannot get on an alternative, is there any travel insurance that will cover the cost of the tickets to the match that are already purchased?
From UK?
What have you found when looking?
It may be too late to start buying insurance now.
If the rugby their is a large secondary market for final tickets. Many NZ'ers are making a good profit
Old Nov 2, 19, 4:46 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, True Blue, Southwest, IHG
The fine print in most insurance policies specifically excludes tickets for events and concerts. However, if the tickets are included as part of a package, for example Emirates x Rugby 7s or Cathay Pacific x Rugby 7s, then the entire package is protected under the insurance you bought for it, Again check the fine print on your policy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: