Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Water Bottle with fliter ?

Old Oct 26, 19, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, American

Considering a Joypur or Survimate anyone else have recommendations ?
Old Oct 26, 19, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Plt, 4mm, *A Silver, Free Agent
we used a lifestraw in Africa in August. My wife loves hers, and now she takes it everywhere, even domestic trips. You do have to suck a little to get it through all the filtering,
and you do need to prime it once before using, but it took me about 10 minutes to do the two bottles. The good part is this 2 pack came in her favorite color, purple, which made it a no brainer.

Amazon Amazon
Tesla1856 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 19, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by boerne View Post
we used a lifestraw in Africa in August. My wife loves hers, and now she takes it everywhere, even domestic trips. You do have to suck a little to get it through all the filtering,
and you do need to prime it once before using, but it took me about 10 minutes to do the two bottles. The good part is this 2 pack came in her favorite color, purple, which made it a no brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
How well does the Lifestraw Go bottle seal? Any issues if a filled bottle is tipped upside down or on its side and jostled about in a backpack? I've been looking at the Universal model but some of the connection options look tension fit instead of screw on which I'd prefer for leak protection.
Old Oct 26, 19, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, American
The videos I watched today for the lifestraw bottle it seems made for hiking and active use in back packs, screw on top, folding nozzle. I decided to go with Survimate because of the more advanced 0.01 micron 4 stage filter over the life straw 0.2 micron and there was a coupon for the dark grey model on amazon.

However the reviews all seem good for both.
Old Oct 27, 19, 11:23 pm

I've tried some of the filter bottles and the extra suction force needed to get water out of it was a no-go for me.

I'll offer a slight alternative, as it's what I've been using for a few years -- a Sawyer PointOne/Squeeze filter. Considering NGOs take these into remote locations and depend upon them, I'm willing to trust it for my own use and I can then use any container I want to drink from. I also have the Sawyer Mini, but prefer the larger one due to its better flow rate and it's less prone to clogging. Even if the larger one does clog up, it's easier to restart. It beats the old days of the ceramic filters and pumping endlessly for a cup of water.
tentseller and Tesla1856 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: