Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Best bag for when you're not unpacking

Best bag for when you're not unpacking

Old Oct 21, 19, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Question Best bag for when you're not unpacking

Disclaimer: long time viewer, first time poster
Does anyone have a suggestion for a suitcase that's easy to live out of? I rarely have time to unpack when I travel (except when I'm somewhere for more than a week, but that's pretty rare) and my current suitcase just gets completely unorganised after a day or so. Are there any suitcases that are easy to live out of? Any tips for a fellow "I don't know what else has touched these shelves" traveller?
Flyer42 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 19, 6:51 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
Avoid clam shell suitcases at all costs. Get top-loading suitcases instead.

I'm partial to spinners myself but 99% of them are clam shell style. IMHO the best for living out of is the Briggs & Riley Torq line. It's a rare top-loading spinner, and the top portion is slightly oversized, which gives you a good place to store worn clothes / laundry while you are living out of the bottom section.

KRSW likes this.
Old Oct 22, 19, 2:31 pm

Packing cubes and judicious placement. So much easier to pull out a cube of clothing and slide it back in without stuff falling out of my suitcase drawer. You might try the slim packing cubes with handle and slot them in side by side like files, handles facing the top. Video here around the 9 min mark has a sample https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/pa...to-pack-light/ I like to layer mine in stacks which requires me to take some out to get to lower layers.

+1 on top-loading suitcase and make sure there's top handle and bottom handle. You can grab the both handles to move the entire suitcase like a box without zipping up the top.
Old Oct 22, 19, 3:16 pm

I agree with the above comments. I never unpack my bags. I might hang up my shirts/pants, but I don't always do that either. Big +1 on the packing cubes. I don't buy any brand in particular, but I get them from Amazon.com. I also carry a mesh bag for dirty laundry.
Old Oct 22, 19, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Packing cubes are your friend.

The suitcase is inconsequential... it's just a shell that holds your organized life. The packing cubes are what organizes your life.
Old Oct 22, 19, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
So while I'm not fond of their stuff, I would recommend the Gate8 trifold, if you carry dress clothes (suit, shirts, shoes, etc) - you can hang it open inside a closet.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: