Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travel water flosser

Travel water flosser

Old Oct 16, 19, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Travel water flosser

I tried a few, they are big and clunky. But now I found a small and lovely one. It's very similar to size and functionality of the also much beloved TOTO travel washlet except this keeps the nozzle inside the body and yet it's even smaller -- although it obviously needs a smaller water tank and unlike the TOTO this has a built in battery. It also ships with a spare nozzle. I just love it. 1.4 " x 2.9" x 4". US purchase link:
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Lächen/dp/B07R238Z54/ https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Irrigator-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Lächen/dp/B07R238Z54/
International I recommend https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018370414.html (including the US but yankees do love their Amazon )

I only wish it was USB C but oh well. To round up our travel toiletries: the Xiaomi Mijia MSX201, less than 20 USD on gearbest, is a fantastic travel shaver and it's USB C and it even works with PD unlike the Xiaomi ZHIBAI Electric Razor which has a broken USB C implementation and so only A-C cables work with it and also the MSX201 has floating heads. Much better, overall. AIwejay has a USB C toothbrush also broken USB C implementation. I am staying with my Oral B , eBay sells a micro USB charging stand for it, works just fine. And finally, the AA battery in the TOTO is charged with an Olight UC, if you can find a smaller/lighter weight AA/AAA/whatever charger you are cheating.

Last edited by chx1975; Oct 16, 19 at 7:48 pm
Old Oct 17, 19, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Panasonic?

I have been using a Panasonic 2AA travel unit for the last five years when I travel. I also have their standalone rechargeable unit which share the same tip system. This unit adds pulse flooring as well as Mix air into the water flow to maximize the cleaning capacity of one refill of water to the tank. It is half the size and weight of the Waterpik.
It was about 500HKD at a Panasonic authorized seller.
Old Oct 17, 19, 11:43 pm

Add another vote for the Panasonic 2AA model. (
Amazon Amazon
) I just looked it up and I bought it in 2008 and it's still working. I also bought one for my mother and she's very much abused it and it still runs. I also like the idea that it uses standard batteries and doesn't require carrying a charger around.
Old Oct 18, 19, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Originally Posted by KRSW View Post
Add another vote for the Panasonic 2AA model. (https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Irr...dp/B0027LSEPS/) I just looked it up and I bought it in 2008 and it's still working. I also bought one for my mother and she's very much abused it and it still runs. I also like the idea that it uses standard batteries and doesn't require carrying a charger around.
Thanks for finding it.

Standard AA batteries +1
No charger required ++1
Old Oct 18, 19, 6:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by KRSW View Post
Add another vote for the Panasonic 2AA model. (https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Irr...dp/B0027LSEPS/) I just looked it up and I bought it in 2008 and it's still working. I also bought one for my mother and she's very much abused it and it still runs. I also like the idea that it uses standard batteries and doesn't require carrying a charger around.
How are these units for water pressure compared to the Waterpik counter-top flossers? I tried the Waterpik portable and found it lacking.
Old Oct 18, 19, 8:47 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
+1 for the Panasonic 2AA
Old Oct 19, 19, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
How are these units for water pressure compared to the Waterpik counter-top flossers? I tried the Waterpik portable and found it lacking.
It is better than the Waterpik portable but not counter-top plug-in power.
Old Oct 19, 19, 7:26 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Ex-VIP Fromins Deli Encino - 34 years grandfathered successor program status - UA Plat/HH Diamond
As this device does not meet the Travel Technology forums defined purpose: "Business travel includes cell phones, computers and more. Does that mean just digital cameras are allowed on regular travel? What works where, when and why not.", the thread will be moved to Travel Products.
Badenoch likes this.
Old Oct 19, 19, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
I've never tried the portable WaterPik, but I'd say it's equivalent to about a 6 or 7 on my countertop model. It does have 2 speeds. Very pleased with it overall.
Badenoch likes this.
Old Oct 22, 19, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Ha, you think I didn't try the Panasonic? I am Zootopia here Photos of the Waterpik portable, the Panasonic and this one: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zWWA14GLJd3imVy78 (I added the two travel shavers just for kicks). Clearly this is smaller, lighter and has the nozzle inside. And I don't mind the USB charging, I already have a pile of devices needing a USB charger, one more doesn't matter especially when it needs to be charged so rarely.
QT31415 likes this.

Last edited by chx1975; Oct 22, 19 at 11:19 pm
Old Oct 23, 19, 1:05 pm

Which travel shaver do you like more and is it good enough to replace a full sized shaver? I might pick a few up as gifts.
Old Oct 25, 19, 12:44 am
Original Poster

The smaller one (Xiaomi ZHIBAI) is ridiculously small and for short trips I think it'd be fine. That said, it needs the A-C cable it came with (or the usual male C-to micro USB - female micro USB to male USB C adaptor combo to force a hot VBUS).

The larger (Xiaomi Mijia MSX201 has floating heads and as such it's almost as good as a normal shaver (except those have three heads) so even for longer trips it's good. And you can use any USB C charger / cable which is a big plus here. Also, it's ridiculously cheap, 19 USD on gearbest.

With all that said
Amazon Amazon
there is one from Philips Norelco with similar dual floating heads but operated from two AA batteies. I am not fond of that because I'd use recharagable batteries and then those need batteries need chargers again. And the MSX201 is IPX7 waterproof which quite the advantage for a shaver. But, the Philips is available in the US, with US warranties and at 15 USD it is even cheaper.

Your call. I am firmly in the MSX201 camp.

Last edited by chx1975; Oct 25, 19 at 12:50 am
Old Oct 25, 19, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Xiaomi floating triple head rechargible IPX7 shaver:

https://www.mi.com/hk/mi-electric-shaver/
Old Oct 25, 19, 11:22 am
Original Poster

The triple head is not as good for travel, it's not flat :/
Old Oct 25, 19, 4:22 pm

Thanks. Will take a look at the Xiaomi Mijia MSX201. I've been looking at a few of Xiaomi's non-Travel Technology not-smarthome stuff because of the nicer design and potential usb-c PD compatibility. Specifically the hand fan for hot climates (alas, still micro usb and non-removable battery) and the aroma diffuser as a desk humidifier. They also have a water flosser which looks much larger than your newest find.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: