Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi London Rolltop

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Question Tumi London Rolltop

Hey,
my name is Enrique and I am from Mexico. I have some money saved up and I think its time to update my daily use backpack (a military green samsonite zenith laptop backpack) to a Tumi London Rolltop. The reasons for the change are:
1st of all I´ve heard Tumi´s quality is really good, secondly I find this bag very aesthetically pleasing and lastly I have been looking for a replace backpack for around 3 months and I fell in love with this Tumi (although its a little bit pricey).
I would appreciate it if you recommend buying a Tumi backpack and if there is some other advice you could give me.

Greetings from Mexico,
Enrique
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Welcome to FT!

I'm a big fan of Tumi's predecessor to the London Roll, which was named the "Luke" roll top backpack. After the introduction of the London Roll model, it was pretty easy to find the Luke Roll on clearance which may provide a value alternative to buying a new London Roll. Otherwise, consider waiting for one of Tumi's semi-annual sales if you don't want to spend $450.

I did check out the London Roll in-store, and the significant differences I noticed were that the two outer rear pockets were increased to be the same size, and the upper pocket on the rear was modified to be accessible even when the roll portion is fully closed (this is actually a change I do not like, since I prefer to have that pocket more difficult to access).
EnrichPanda likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi! Thank you so much for that information, it was really usefull! This information is driving me one step further onto buying this backpack.
Just one more question. Do you know about how much would the bag decrease its price in that semi annual sale?
Greetings,
Enrique
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I definitely recommend Tumi for the quality and style. Some here would argue that both have been watered down since Samsonite bought it, but it is still a good brand, IMHO.

One thing I do advice is to really see the item in person and visualize how functional it would for you - try and imagine the utility of each pocket and how the bag would be when it is full. I have an Alpha Bravo Knox backpack and as you fill the main compartments, some of the smaller front compartments get "obliterated" with the expansion inside, thus becoming nonfunctional.

It is still my go-to brand though.

You get anywhere from 20-30% off during their semi-annual sale, but they have sporadic sales here and there. They have really good deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday as well. I have only bought my Tumi items during their semi-annual sale, or after Thanksgiving.

Their outlet stores frequently have good deals. I don't remember if I have ever seen that particular style you are looking for. I once was able to buy a leather laptop brief priced at USD485, for only USD185 during a double discount 4th of July weekend sale!
EnrichPanda likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I am going this saturday to view it again! I appreciate all the advice you gave me, it served me a lot!
Greetings,
Enrique
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Quick update:
Thanks for all your advice, I bought the backpack yesterday. Now I just need to test it to see how well it performs. So far the materials feel pretty premium and it fitted all my stuff. I will keep you updated.
Greetings,
Enrique
gengar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.