Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Delta carry on luggage suggestion

Old Sep 14, 19, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I'm thinking about getting a new carry-on luggage piece to maximize my flights. I'm starting to fly a lot for work and am thinking I'll do about 1-2 MQD runs this year to get diamond status. I usually check bags, but the ease of carrying on might sway me, especially when connections are tight.

I'd love to know what people's favorite carry-ons are - those bags that are like the luggage equivalent of clown cars haha. I've got a lot of stuff I'm going to try to squeeze in for some long trips!
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Briggs and Riley is by far my favorite. Extremely high quality and a fantastic warranty that covers damage.

Specifically this one for carry-on, but I have their larger one for checking also: https://www.briggs-riley.com/collect...2-wheel-u122cx
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Firstly, this is not really a DL topic at all. Secondly, the suggested luggage is outrageously expensive.
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975 View Post
Firstly, this is not really a DL topic at all. Secondly, the suggested luggage is outrageously expensive.

You get what you pay for. B & R are one of the most highly reviewed luggage brands. They offer an unconditional lifetime guarantee, and I never have to worry about a broken zipper, wheel, etc when traveling.

If you want to buy cheap bags and replace them every few years, go ahead. You will likely spend more in the end, and create more waste in the process.
Old Sep 14, 19, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I take the exact opposite view. Buying expensive luggage is a waste. Buy something cheap but decent-looking on Amazon or eBags and be done with it. Most of those bags will last a good 5-6 years and you will want something new by then anyway.

A decent compliant roll-aboard can be had for $30-40 if you watch the sales.
Old Sep 14, 19, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Travel Products Forum
Thanks....
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old Sep 14, 19, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
I take the exact opposite view. Buying expensive luggage is a waste. Buy something cheap but decent-looking on Amazon or eBags and be done with it. Most of those bags will last a good 5-6 years and you will want something new by then anyway.

A decent compliant roll-aboard can be had for $30-40 if you watch the sales.

To each their own. I love that I can still buy a product that is well made (and not in a sweat shop) and will last a decade or two. I am opposed to the disposable consumer economy.
Old Sep 15, 19, 12:51 am

Travelpro Maxlite 5

Search this Thread
Search Engine: