Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa Trunk and Rimowa online order

Old Sep 9, 19, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver; IHG Plat

I have had my eyes on that Rimowa check in trunk for quite some time.

I have visited several luggage stores that sell Rimowa in the US but it seems the trunk is an item exclusive to Rimowa itself? When and where can I get it for the best price for delivery to the USA?

I see that after Rimowa was acquired by LV, they now have an online shop. Any feedback regarding their online shop? Do you think they will have special sales for Thanksgiving/ Black Friday Sales?
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:34 am

Programs: United
I’ve never seen a discount on the rimowa online store, but I’ve ordered several cases there; the experience has been good — including a Trunk. I think it is unlikely they will have a sale
Old Sep 10, 19, 4:12 am

It won’t go on sale from them directly, but Koffer Direkt is your friend. Even if you don’t see what you’re looking for, send them an email. If you ever travel to Europe, you can have them deliver to a hotel. If not, even if they ship to you in the US, you’ll save around 20% (but not get the tax back). The alternative is to buy it from whatever Dutch retailer sells them on eBay.
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by billycwhatup View Post
It won’t go on sale from them directly, but Koffer Direkt is your friend. Even if you don’t see what you’re looking for, send them an email. If you ever travel to Europe, you can have them deliver to a hotel. If not, even if they ship to you in the US, you’ll save around 20% (but not get the tax back). The alternative is to buy it from whatever Dutch retailer sells them on eBay.
Sent them an email and had to use google translate to navigate their message page. Let's see what they say...

Are there dates of the year in Europe when they have huge sales like Black Friday in the USA?
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:32 am

They seem to nearly constantly have 20% sales. If you check daily for a month, you can be nearly certain that they’ll have a sale. For sure, they’ll have them around Christmas/Black Friday.
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: 30+ years of continous AS MVP/MVPG, Hertz Gold Plus 5*, Marriott Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by billycwhatup View Post
They seem to nearly constantly have 20% sales. If you check daily for a month, you can be nearly certain that they’ll have a sale. For sure, they’ll have them around Christmas/Black Friday.
Does kofferdirekt ship to the US? I tried a few years back but they wouldn’t ship to a US address.
Old Sep 17, 19, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by sea_jeff View Post
Does kofferdirekt ship to the US? I tried a few years back but they wouldn’t ship to a US address.
Nope they don't. You'll get the boilerplate message that due to licensing in your country we are unable to ship to the address you've chosen. Your 2 options if you want to go through them is to use a package forwarding service or take a trip to Germany.
sea_jeff likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 9:09 am

I think anywhere in the EU, right? They ship outside of Germany.
Old Sep 22, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: 30+ years of continous AS MVP/MVPG, Hertz Gold Plus 5*, Marriott Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Bummer. Thanks - I had hoped thinks have changed but that was my experience a while back too. Just as well - I’m set for Rimowa for the time being.

Search this Thread