Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance not starting in country of residence

Old Aug 27, 19, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

I am a UK citizen/resident currently working in Germany for a few months. In a couple of weeks time I'll be travelling to Istanbul for a weekend break and I'm looking to arrange travel insurance to cover that - I am not too bothered by cancellation/curtailment cover levels but I would ideally like cover for one pre-existing medical condition.

All the insurance policies from the common UK providers require the travel to start & finish in the UK, which I won't be. Does anyone know of what other options there may be? I've had a look at World Nomads which seem to include starting from abroad, but don't cover pre-existing medical conditions. Or am I OK just buying a policy from a German company; my German language skills are functional but very basic so I wouldn't be able to wade through pages of policy rules. The only address I'd have to put down is my hotel and I'm unsure if that would be allowed?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 19, 8:18 am

Expatriate Healthcare has single and multi-trip, and allows customer to select country of residence that's different than citizenship. I don't know about their coverage for pre-existing conditions, but they provide thorough info on the website.

Search this Thread