Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Briggs and Riley Torq - anyone had a crack repaired?

Old Aug 12, 19, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

I've looked and can't figure out whether B&R will actually repair a case or if they send a replacement. UAL found a way to crack my L spinner and Im trying to figure out whether it's worth it to send off for fix or if they just replace.
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:48 am

I have had several Briggs and Riley bags repaired by the company. They always did a god job fixing them including replacing broken zippers and bent pull handles. There is a repair center about an hour away from me so I dropped them off and they FedEx'ed the bags back in about 3 weeks. Some of the bags were about 15 years old but they fixed them for free.
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
I purchased a Torq as soon as they were introduced. I have used it EVERY week since. Mine cracked on a super cold day this past winter. I finally sent it in about June 1. A few days later I received a phone call saying it could not be repaired. I was given the choice of a credit of roughly $350, roughly. Or a sample. I said I’ll take the sample Torq. A few days later I received a brand new medium Torq. Even in the same color. I was a Briggs and Riley fan before. Now I am a lifelong fan!
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
I dont have a torq. I do have a number of other BR products. Had a handle break on a baseline that I have had for over 11 years and have put over a million miles on. They replaced the handle, other handles, zippers, frame, etc. all without being asked. Got back a bag that will last another million miles of hard use. They are 30 mins from me. I was able to drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. BR for life.
Old Aug 16, 19, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Amazing customer service.

Search this Thread