Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

[UK] Most comprehensive travel insurance?

Old Aug 10, 19, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Afternoon,
Long time reader but never registered before.
I discovered yesterday that my Citibank travel Insurance cover ceased 18 months ago (no written notification but that's another matter...).

I am looking at getting an annual standalone cover to cover my daughter and I. It could be through a premier paying bank account (HSBC Premier,Natwest Premier, etc.), through a Card (i.e.: the Amex ICC, etc.) or through a direct purchase.

Having review dozens of T&Cs, I was leaning towards the Amex ICC (no need to pay on the card, no excess, good level of covers, ...); however, reading the forum, it would seem that Ash Clouds, drones, etc. may not be covered with the Amex Plat ICC.

If you have got any recommendations or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 19, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by Coume View Post
Afternoon,
Long time reader but never registered before.
I discovered yesterday that my Citibank travel Insurance cover ceased 18 months ago (no written notification but that's another matter...).

I am looking at getting an annual standalone cover to cover my daughter and I. It could be through a premier paying bank account (HSBC Premier,Natwest Premier, etc.), through a Card (i.e.: the Amex ICC, etc.) or through a direct purchase.

Having review dozens of T&Cs, I was leaning towards the Amex ICC (no need to pay on the card, no excess, good level of covers, ...); however, reading the forum, it would seem that Ash Clouds, drones, etc. may not be covered with the Amex Plat ICC.

If you have got any recommendations or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

There is a similar website, focused on cruising. They have a travel insurance section, but many of the issues there are more "travel" related, and less "cruise" related:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/foru...vel-insurance/

If you post there, *please* put your *country* in the top header, or most of the responses will be USA-based.
And you might want to browse there, too. Questions about UK travel insurance are not new there, as has the problem with changes with insurance offered by charge cards.

GC

Search this Thread