Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

PLISSON Shaving Brushes & Razors

Old Aug 7, 19, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Has anyone here tried the PLISSON Shaving setups for travel as well las home..? They are made in France since 1808. Just ordered my first order from them with high mountain badger hair bristles with olive wood handle. They sure look very impressive from what I can see..I ordered the large #18 Size... They are really quite expensive for being a shaving brush but oh well..
Old Aug 7, 19, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Shaver in Olivewood handle

They also make a great looking shaver in Olivewood and Rosewood handles...

Old Aug 8, 19, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA MM; AS Gold; Nexion, LLC/Travel Leaders
Simpsons Case with travel case seems to fit the bill a bit better for me. Eventually might replace it with a synthetic brush (faster drying) given the quality available now.

If you are going to use that Plisson brush, it's time to give up the cartridges and get yourself a good double-edge safety razor. I like the heavy long-handled Merkur. The Gillete Guard, a single bladed cartridge razor made for the Indian market (but available on eBay) are a good substitute for travel. Bic also makes a disposable single blade razor that works in a pinch.
Old Aug 10, 19, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I use disposable single-blade razors and shave oil when I travel. Takes up much less space than the brush/shave soap/double-edge safety razor setup I use at home.
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Yes i plan on buying one of those also from PLISSON after I get my first order from them as it was quite expensive buying 3 brushes and a fancy shaving bowl and stands and creams and razor...

Search this Thread