Search

Is there anywhere to buy older Rimowa?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA
Is there anywhere to buy older Rimowa?

Greetings all,

My work bag was recently stolen from my truck and I'm in search of a replacement, problem is what I need is no longer in production. I've got searches running on eBay in many different countries, however every Rimowa google search I do turns up these forums so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here.

All of the Rimowa retailers online seem to only list the new and (ahem) "improved" luggage, but I have to imagine there are shops out there with old stock? Or used, I don't care. Anybody here who can point me in the right direction?

What I need is a Rimowa Topas Stealth cabin bag, but I need a 2-wheeled version with the add-a-bag strap.
Thanks for any leads!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: M/M
Unfortunately, most of the previous generation Stealth Topas inventory has been turned over.

Best luck is to keep your eye out on the 'Bay, but inventory may be limited, as the resale market for RIMOWA is not as big in the US as it is in Europe.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. One just passed thru German eBay, but without the add-a-bag, which is a deal breaker for me.
One will turn up eventually, I suppose.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:29 pm

Are you going to be traveling through the Middle East at all? We casually looked when we were in UAE and Bahrain this spring because we were curious about the new line, but all the Rimowa distributor had were old Salsa and Topaz models. I totally didn't expect that!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Bangkok has a bunch of pre LVMH rimowa but not much discounting happening. =(
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by TPACjv
Bangkok has a bunch of pre LVMH rimowa but not much discounting happening. =(
What are the Thai retail prices like vs German retail?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately all of my travel is CONUS.
I'll keep searching online, I've found a couple items that were close but nothing that meets my exact requirements yet. It'll turn up.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Santander
What are the Thai retail prices like vs German retail?
Quite a bit higher. It depends on the line, with the after VAT refund price of the polycarbonate pieces being within 50 euro of German prices.

The premium goes sky-high when dealing with the aluminum pieces. Though there is a 4000 baht discount for the e-tag pieces. (Last I checked )
Santander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.