Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Briggs and Riley- Baseline Carry On

Old Jun 24, 19, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Hi all! First time posting here so forgive me if this thread is redundant. I am looking for thoughts on the B&R Baseline Carry On. I had been somewhat set on the Away Bigger Carry On with Front Pocket, however, I like the idea of bringing in a B&R bag to my local distributor in Portland, OR as opposed to having to ship the Away back in case of any damage. I get the feeling that Away put a significant amount of money into their marketing and all the overly positive reviews are more of a result of that than the actual quality of the bag.

That being said, does anybody know of any promotional deals for the B&R Baseline or is anybody looking to possibly part with a black Baseline Carry On or Medium Checked ( In really good condition) at all? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 29, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Just check Ebags weekly. I have noticed they run deals on these periodically. Also install Honey or one of those automatic coupon clipping add on's for google chrome. Saving up to 20% or more isn't out of the question with the right coupon clip find even when the sale isn't running. When the stars are aligned you can combine both a coupon and a sale and get away with it (rare but it happens). The trick on that is saving money and watching for a "1 day flash sale" or something which is pretty much how i buy all my gear.
Rgd1227 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 19, 3:04 pm

And even though you didn’t ask, as someone who used an Away bag for 2.5 years and around 500K miles, the Briggs and Riley baseline is 10X better. I used B&R for 10 years and the quality of the bag is night and day. Away definitely wins the marketing battle, and it’s definitely light. But, if you are a serious traveler, a well constructed B&R bag will outperform the plastic Away bag. You don’t have to get past the wheels and ease of transport...
Old Jun 29, 19, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Don't underestimate the value of having that local shop near you in Portland.

I'll freely admit that is one of the reasons I own so much Tumi as one of their main locations is driving distance to me here in GA.

Luggageworks also has shops at every major hub that will actually just give you a free loaner when you drop in to ship for warranty work.if you were a Stealth owner etc

Stuff like that matters to some people.

Search this Thread