G Ro announces new product. Big Wheels in Back, spinners in front

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold

They had a big event today in San Diego. I got invited but didn't exactly feel like trekking coast to coast to see this...i had kinda figured this is what it would be.

https://g-ro.com/pages/kickstarter-pre-launch

On SUPER interesting feature is that it is built to roll "side ways" or narrow side foward and supposedly can be pushed one handed down the aisle of a plane with just a few fingers.

Could this finally be the answer to rolling luggage that doesn't have you rudely hitting every elbow, knee and foot on the entire airplane getting to your seat??

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/338085906" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Allentown; Jun 18, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
A flight attendant friend backed it (and shared that on Facebook) so I looked at it. It seems interesting and I'm intrigued -- but I've been burned too many times on Kickstarter (and Indiegogo even more so) that I am hesitant to shell out $300 for the possibility of suitcase in December (or more likely, February). The fact they have a track record is in their favor but I think I wait it out hope they go on sale next summer
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:15 pm

I love the concept but it's too large and too heavy for a carryon on airlines that I prefer.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
Originally Posted by jgor
I love the concept but it's too large and too heavy for a carryon on airlines that I prefer.
Agreed. I never pre buy.

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
A flight attendant friend backed it (and shared that on Facebook) so I looked at it. It seems interesting and I'm intrigued -- but I've been burned too many times on Kickstarter (and Indiegogo even more so) that I am hesitant to shell out $300 for the possibility of suitcase in December (or more likely, February). The fact they have a track record is in their favor but I think I wait it out hope they go on sale next summer
If it is too much for you the 50 year old lady working the gate can lift it into the bin for you. (Sorry, i stole that one from a pilot burning another pilot on the pilots forums and couldn't resist)

All joking aside, i am sure it is heavy. I also feel like people are a little hyper obscessed with weight...to the point of significantly sacrificing both quality and durability.

Last edited by Allentown; Jul 1, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:39 pm

I have the original G-Ro carry on and purchased the G-Ro "Checked" bag for my wife. I pledged for this one as well. The interior space is listed at 38L.
Allentown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.