Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Peak Duffel/Backpack convertible 45L to 65L expandable

Old Jun 18, 19, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold

Chase just dropped his review of this bag. My personal commentary about who this bag is for
1) if you want large capacity but are going to a location where wheeled gear is not optimal
2) You need high levels of water proofing as the vast majority of rollerboards are not great at this and yes i have seen ground crew just leave these sitting out in monsoon rain for up to 20 minutes plus as i sat there looking at all my stuff getting FULLY saturated out the window seat.
3) If you do what i do which is two Bag carry.....You underpack a bag to carry on on your way TO a destination. On the return trip you don't care if your stuff is delayed etc so you lighten your second bag to the bare minimal, put the extra stuff in your larger bag and check that thing on the return trip (i am going home so who cares if it gets there with me or not). For this use, this bag is probably epic. In order to pull that off...the bag pretty much has to be underpacked on the way out and your carry on gets underpacked on the return trip.

Other uses (most are covered in video) car travel, camping, longer trips where checking is likely to have to happen no matter what.

One word about peak. They released their 45l travel bag at just over $200 and when it became one of the highest rated bags on the market, their prices jumped to $299. Hard to even get it on sale at $250 now days. This bag is likely to also jump up in price so if you are interested, buy it sooner not later.

Last edited by Allentown; Jun 18, 19 at 10:17 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: