Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Porter Yoshida bags?

Porter Yoshida bags?

Old Jun 17, 19, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Porter Yoshida bags?

Hi. Does anyone have any experience - either good or bad - with Porter Yoshida bags from Japan? Several of their briefcases look interesting, and I'm contemplating a purchase. However, I have never seen one in person - only photos on the web. Is their quality similar to Tumi, Briggs, etc.? Or is it better or worse? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Jun 17, 19, 2:45 pm

It is somewhat of a cult brand in Japan, quality is top notch and their bags are iconic, they have done many collaborations with other brands and produced limited editions of their bags, this is a tell tell sign of their status. Mostly famous for the Porter brand and the bomber jacket green with orange interior messenger bag. :

They are famous for their luxurious feel and look and high sheen that can be spotted from a long distance even when using a dark colorway as seen in this picture:

Here some history of the brand:

https://www.heddels.com/2018/10/yosh...brand-profile/

If you are interested in one just buy from a place with a good return policy so that you can buy one and have a look and feel and then return it if it is not something you like. But mots people who buys Porter bags really like them!
Old Jun 17, 19, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by SkyForce6 View Post
It is somewhat of a cult brand in Japan, quality is top notch and their bags are iconic, they have done many collaborations with other brands and produced limited editions of their bags, this is a tell tell sign of their status. Mostly famous for the Porter brand and the bomber jacket green with orange interior messenger bag. :

They are famous for their luxurious feel and look and high sheen that can be spotted from a long distance even when using a dark colorway as seen in this picture:

If you are interested in one just buy from a place with a good return policy so that you can buy one and have a look and feel and then return it if it is not something you like. But mots people who buys Porter bags really like them!
My wife might have had that one in green some years ago. I think I picked up a few in Tokyo for her and they might have had a store in NYC at some point. I remember thinking that the designs were clever and they looked nice too. I think at the time they were called Head Porter. Can't comment too much on durability. They seemed good in that regard but she didn't use them for long since she went to other brands.
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by SkyForce6 View Post

Thank you for the detailed information.

I am considering this particular bag: https://www.yoshidakaban.com/product...e=30&p_lisort=

For the past 15+ years I've used a B&R briefcase, which has held up very well. However, I was recently given a new work laptop, which thankfully is much smaller and lighter than my previous brick. Therefore I'm looking for a smaller and ligher briefcase. So far the look and layout of the Porter is at the top of my list.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: