Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Best backpack/luggage options for digital nomads

Old May 31, 19, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

I like to travel for months at a time and I tend to cover quite a bit of ground, but I also need to work remotely while I am traveling and my biggest issue has been traveling light with all my necessities, which includes my laptop. What are favorite travel backpacks/luggage options for keeping a 15 inch laptop on you at all times?
Old Jun 2, 19, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
I take this pretty much everywhere:

https://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/co...backpack-bp240
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Soul brother. https://www.briggs-riley.com/verb-ac...ckpack-vp275-4 here. But if I needed to a make recommendation it'd be the very slightly bigger https://www.briggs-riley.com/verb-ad...ckpack-vp280-4 instead because of the water bottle pocket.
Old Jun 5, 19, 9:52 pm

If you're looking for a backpack, here are (imo) the most popular ones for digital nomads
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, EB*S
I like my Tom Bihn Tri-Star.
Old Jun 6, 19, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. American Airlines Platinum, Mariott: Gold. Delta: Gold
1) Get a very very light laptop with a long long battery life. The LG gram is currently the best. The "spare no expense" one is the new VIAO sx series. The best buy is probably a good deal on an HP Spectre. Now that you got your laptop down to around 2.5pounds pounds things get easier. Otherwise you might be running a mac....
2) You may still want to carry a packable day bag so you aren't lugging your huge travel bag with you to the coffee shop and being "that guy".

Since you travel for months at a time, i would go heavy duty water proof but light weight.

That would put you in a Tortuga Outbeaker (probably the 45L) with the Outbreaker packable laptop day pack packed flat inside your baggage until you get to where you can put your bags down in a room some where and then work from the packable day bag. There are other options, this just seemed like the quickest for me to suggest.

One thing to point out...i can already run presentations from an ipad pro and with the changes to IOS apple is promising a true file system so ...with a detachable key board cover (you still wont have mouse support but you can get around with the pencil) you might just be able to work from an ipad pro half way descent. I run the older 10.9 inch pro from 2017 just cause it is smaller.

Search this Thread