Wiki Posts
Search

Mizzen & Main Dress Shirts

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Mizzen & Main Dress Shirts

Anyone tried the Mizzen & Main dress shirts? I have several of the long sleeve button downs but haven’t tried the short sleeves yet. The shirts wear very well and don’t wrinkle even after a long travel day of sitting or coming directly out of the suitcase ready to wear. (** except the all white - see #3 gripe below) They also come out of the wash perfect and we hang dry which only takes a few hours. Color and pattern selections are great for jeans or dress slacks. The material provides just enough stretch to never bind and wears like an athletic shirt with give all around.

The only issues I have with the shirts are :
1) that the button holes are poorly finished and often have loose threads which catch around the button when unbuttoning. I’ve trimmed them all several times and just about clean now. I would expect better quality control for a $125 shirt.

2) the button spacing just seems off as the buttons right around the waist line “gap” when sitting showing some skin. Feel like I need to wear an undershirt which defeats the purpose of such a light weight shirt. Might just be my build.

3) I purchased an all white dress shirt that I had to return as this particular color had terrible wrinkles from packaging/ shipping that simply would not come out. We washed the shirt 3 times without any luck so I exchanged it at Nordstrom for another white shirt but it had the exact same issue. Returned for another pattern / color.... problem solved. They clearly have an issue with that particular color or the shipment lot Nordstrom’s had at the time.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I often work in non-air-conditioned environments. My M&M shirts are a blessing.

I haven’t experienced any of the quality issues you mention.

They’re easy to find for around $70-$89 on high-end apparel resale sites.
crp5 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Originally Posted by aww3583
They’re easy to find for around $70-$89 on high-end apparel resale sites.
Which sites are you finding them on?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by crp5

Which sites are you finding them on?

I’ve had the most luck on Poshmark.
crp5 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.