Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Driving travel harness for Lhasa Apso

Old May 4, 19, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, PL_Marriott, GHertz

Our 23 month Lhasa Apso weighs maybe 14 pounds.

We will be on the open road for 3 weeks in May.

I have a safety pet seat we use where we live like this:
Amazon Amazon

However, my G05 will be completely full with gear for three weeks of travel where I go from being dressed up to business casual to travel casual. The safety seat consumes a lot of real estate and limits Andy's movements while running up to 500 miles a day.

In our old system with a basic harness and strip secure to medal clips, Andy could lay flat and roam around looking out in any direction. My video saw a TV special that showed how many dogs can suffer significant harm is not properly secured and now she is fearful since Andy is her constant companion when I fly outside the USA.

What would FTers recommend? What about this kind of harness? https://www.chewy.com/ezydog-drive-d...arge/dp/141111
Old May 7, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
A harness such as the one you linked (or a sleepypod, Ruffwear LoadUp or other crash tested harness) requires the dog to sit upright and must not allow the dog to move around or lie down in order to meet the conditions under which it was tested. A good harness worn improperly is better than no harness, but just like we humans can't lie down and get the benefits of the shoulder harness, a dog needs to sit upright with all the attachments properly adjusted for maximum safely in a crash.

Search this Thread