FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Products (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products-639/)
-   -   Where to purchase Rimowa in Frankfurt or Berlin and getting VAT back on checked bag (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products/1966767-where-purchase-rimowa-frankfurt-berlin-getting-vat-back-checked-bag.html)

Fly4SCUBA Apr 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Where to purchase Rimowa in Frankfurt or Berlin and getting VAT back on checked bag

I am traveling to Germany in a few weeks from the US. I will be flying in and out of Frankfurt, but will be in downtown Frankfurt and Berlin also, and have 2 questions:

1) Any recommendations on where to buy a Rimowa (large classic or older Topas check-in bag) in Frankfurt or Berlin?

2) What do I need to do/get to get the VAT back? Do I get it back at the airport? Does the case have to be empty with tags on when I bring it back or can I fill it up? This will be a bag that needs to be checked-in. Does that create any issues?

Thanks in advance.

nisnekmil Apr 24, 2019 2:24 pm

I’m flying to Frankfurt next week, is it still possible to find any previous generation rimowa sports there?

hornillas1 Apr 25, 2019 2:03 am

If you are referring to the RIMOWA Sport Trunks, there are no previous-generation Topas Sport Trunks left in the Frankfurt area.

Your only option are the new Original Trunks, direct from the RIMOWA flagship store in Frankfurt.

The authorized dealers that remain in Frankfurt (Galeria Kaufhof et al.) are not authorized to carry the Trunks in their inventory.

nisnekmil Apr 26, 2019 4:21 am

Originally Posted by hornillas1 (Post 31035151)
If you are referring to the RIMOWA Sport Trunks, there are no previous-generation Topas Sport Trunks left in the Frankfurt area.

Your only option are the new Original Trunks, direct from the RIMOWA flagship store in Frankfurt.

The authorized dealers that remain in Frankfurt (Galeria Kaufhof et al.) are not authorized to carry the Trunks in their inventory.

thanks for your reply.

Gosh should have just bought it in la bagagerie in Paris last year....

joecmtang Apr 26, 2019 6:36 am

Do anyone know if there is any other models of previous generation available in Frankfurt?

I will travel to Frankfurt 2 weeks later, I am looking for Pilot and Limbo Carry-on

Thanks for letting me know

hornillas1 Apr 26, 2019 7:30 am

There are a few New Old Stock (NOS) RIMOWA Limbos remaining in the Frankfurt area.

The only previous generation Pilot I have seen, is the briefcase.

The rest of the authorized dealers all have the current generation "Classic", in-stock.

nisnekmil Apr 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Saw dozens of the previous gen rimowa, limbo, Topas, classic flight etc, both check in and carry on including pilot, in Don Quijote at FUK 2 weeks ago. Price from ¥80k. And I don’t think they are authorise dealer, maybe parallel import.