Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Do you use the suiter in your carry on?

Old Apr 12, 19, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I was keen to have a suiter, but after buying the Crew 11, I'm finding it rather useless and bulky. I don't wear a big suit (38-S) and find that it got bunched up in the suiter and it didn't help keep from wrinkling. Thinking about just pulling it out and using the zippered space for packing under garments and socks.

So just wondering if others are using their suiters, regardless of brand, or not.
Old Apr 12, 19, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE
Never. I've heard people have success simply rolling their suits.
Old Apr 12, 19, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA MM; AS Gold; Nexion, LLC/Travel Leaders
I used the one in my Zero Halliburton, which gets rarely used now, as it's Euro sized and doesn't hold much. Loved the look when I got it years ago, though.

Even my Tumi tri-fold rarely gets pulled out now. I usually just put the suit on a slim-ish wooden hanger, pull a dry-cleaning bag over it and fold it into my Lipualt (collapsing) two-wheeler. Works well enough...
Old Apr 13, 19, 5:25 am

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I use a shirt folder from Eagle Creek, I roll my pants on the outside of that and reverse my suit jacket, sleeves out, slip it into a dry cleaning bag and roll that on the outside of that bundle. If carrying two jackets keep them in separate bags.
Old Apr 13, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
I have never had a suiter which produced ready to wear results. None of my luggage has them because folding works best ime.
Old Apr 13, 19, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
I use a shirt folder from Eagle Creek, I roll my pants on the outside of that and reverse my suit jacket, sleeves out, slip it into a dry cleaning bag and roll that on the outside of that bundle. If carrying two jackets keep them in separate bags.
I have an Eagle Creek shirt folder too. Never occurred to me to roll around it. Will give it a go next time.
Old Apr 14, 19, 9:29 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA PremEx MM; AA dirt; Hilton iamond; Marriott Plat, & some other titles with marginal utility value
Delsey used to have a line called the Helium Breeze, which was the only 21" carry-on suiter that would allow my business suit and shirts to come out relatively unruffled if I left the clothes in dry-cleaner plastic. I have two of them, one is about nine years old and the other five. Both have been heavily used and still look good. However I just nosed around and it looks like Delsey has killed the line. Note these were two-wheelers, not four. This YouTube video shows how the suiter portion worked at about 3m:40s in the video.

Old Apr 16, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: *G
useless and bulky and waste of weight allowance.

trousers i fold as normal (dont even bother with rolling). jackets i fold into itself and then length wise - so efffectively quartered. with wool, cotton, and blends of the above including silk, wrinkling has never been a problem. even with linen and linen blends, they get more wrinkled from actual wear than from storage and transport.
LordHamster likes this.
Old Apr 20, 19, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Elite
+1

I do the same.
Old Apr 20, 19, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by theshaun View Post
I was keen to have a suiter, but after buying the Crew 11, I'm finding it rather useless and bulky. I don't wear a big suit (38-S) and find that it got bunched up in the suiter and it didn't help keep from wrinkling. Thinking about just pulling it out and using the zippered space for packing under garments and socks.

So just wondering if others are using their suiters, regardless of brand, or not.
I have the same bag and I use the suiter all the time for shirts and pants. It saves some time as I can just hang it up with I get to the hotel and usually few wrinkle issues. Using it for a suit though is a bit hit and miss.
Old Apr 21, 19, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Silver
I've had better luck with bundle packing than I ever had with suiters or folding suits.
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA MM; AS Gold; Nexion, LLC/Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by lostinohio View Post
I've had better luck with bundle packing than I ever had with suiters or folding suits.
Can you elaborate?...this is a concept (or maybe just a label) I'm not familiar with.
Old Apr 23, 19, 4:50 am

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer View Post
Can you elaborate?...this is a concept (or maybe just a label) I'm not familiar with.
See post #4 , Bundling is a term some people use for this packing method.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 19, 11:17 am

Programs: 11x Southwest Companion Pass Status/ Hilton Lifetime Diamond/ Hertz PC; Iberia Oro
I would greatly appreciate more detail on this. I have the Briggs and Riley Intl Carry on which has a small suiter but i need somethign for my Sports Jacket when i fly.