Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Two (2) wheel Checked Luggage

Old Mar 12, 19, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA, LH, VA

After years and years of heavily using my Rimowa Topas 2 63 L I think it's time to replace it as it's completely worn out. It's at least 500 flights in and has paid itself off completely.
I'm a 2 wheel guy and do not want a spinner as this just doesn't work with my use, lots of cobble stones and places where a 4 wheel absolutely has no use. I need to pull my luggage.
I owned a Rimowa Topas 4 wheel and sent it back after 2 months cause 1 wheel broke off in flight and one got bent. Reverted to my 2-Wheel with which i never had trouble and decided it could go a litle longer.

I should just have bought a 2 wheel when i could, but ! didn't!
I would like to have another hard-shelled checked luggage of the same size and am wondering if there's any high end brands out there that still make them.
The only thing 2 wheel i can currently find is a Briggs and Riley baseline, U128CX, but that's soft shell and not really what I'm looking for, or a Samsonite, which doesn't have an inner liner and is missing nice-ness.

What's out there that i can't find?
Old Mar 15, 19, 6:33 am

I wouldn't consider it high end, but l really like my G-Ro. The bigger wheels are smooth and easy to move over rough terrain.
Old Mar 15, 19, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold (2020)
So many options if you remove the "hard shell" requirement. I don't like 4 wheel spinners either, but also prefer soft side to hard, so it's not quite as difficult. Good luck!
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:13 am

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Only one I can find is something called a Maxporter by Traveler's Choice. Definitely a step (or three) down in quality from the Rimowa. On the other hand, you can order it for only $144 + free shipping in the US.
https://www.travelerchoice.com/shop/...gage-suitcase/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: