Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Coffee Mug for Tumi Alpha Briefcase?

Old Feb 24, 19, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald

Anyone have any luck finding a travel coffee mug or thermos that fits well in the water bottle pocket of a Tumi Alpha briefcase?

Early morning flights would be much easier without trying to put away a carry-on and a briefcase during boarding with a cup of coffee in your hand.
Old Feb 27, 19, 8:35 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
KW, I am a B&R gal, but I can tell you that Contigo brand travel coffee mugs are pretty much leakproof. I throw one in my laptop bag or purse with alarming frequency, and nary a drop of spilled coffee. You can find them at both Costco and Amazon. Hope this might help.
Old Feb 27, 19, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Silver
I brew coffee at home and carry it to work in a Kleen Kanteen's 16 ounce Coffee mug on a daily basis by stuffing it my 10 year old Tumi Alpha's water bottle pocket. They fit almost as if they were designed for it - snugly so they don't bounce around, but can still be pulled in and out easily. They hold temperature fairly well and the stainless ones have held up to several years worth of dishwasher cycles (the painted ones I've had have lost some of the paint covering after dishwashing, but otherwise some okay).

They aren't the cheapest travel mugs, but they are bullet proof (if you hunt around you may find it for less than what they currently show on their website).

Kleen Kanteen Coffee Mug Link

Last edited by lostinohio; Feb 27, 19 at 9:22 pm Reason: Caught typos.
Old Feb 28, 19, 6:18 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Lost, thanks for this, I have several Kleens for backpacking, I need to get the coffee mug tops for these

Search this Thread